FORUMS: list search recent posts

Slice X FCP X Doesn't Do Anything Right

COW Forums : CoreMelt Plug-ins

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Herbert
Slice X FCP X Doesn't Do Anything Right
on Nov 8, 2013 at 1:27:45 am

HEllo, I just purchased Slice X for FCP X, and It will not do anything right. I'll start with one problem, and go from there. I have a simple clip that is a few seconds long of a bear that basically turns it's head, and I want to mask just the bear so I can place it on a different background... I used the Layer Mask Effect, Set my points, then clicked the TRACK FORWARD... before tracking forward it takes about 30 seconds to completely change my shape on it's own to something completely unexplainable, then when that's done it tracks the new useless shape. You can see a video I took with my phone of this happening at http://www.herbertbrothers.com/downloads/LayerMask.mov. I have tried this multiple times and I get the same exact problem every time -- except sometimes instead when I set my points it just masks everything mask to black totally ignoring my shape and I have to quit FCP and start it up again. Please HELP. Thank you.

ps. I've done several effects on several clips and not one has worked as it was supposed to yet. I want to like this program, so I hope you can help me figure this out.

If it helps, I'm using FCP X 10.0.9 and OS X 10.8.5

Return to posts index

Roger Bolton
Re: Slice X FCP X Doesn't Do Anything Right
on Nov 8, 2013 at 1:44:43 am

Hello, I'm sorry you're frustrated by our product. Mocha is a planar tracker, it tracks surfaces that approximate a plane. It will work really well on flat surfaces but it cannot track complex shapes that move in different directions.

To accomplish this you need to break the object up into simpler sections and use multiple copies of the plugin. In your case you might be able to track the back of the bear, the head and the limbs separately. If you send us the original clip we can take a look and advise you on the best way to proceed.

Please contact us direct at support at coremelt dot com

-
Freelance: Flame - Smoke - Resolve - Nuke - VFX Supervision
Owner / Director: CoreMelt Plugins

Return to posts index

Eberhard Ammelt
Re: Slice X FCP X Doesn't Do Anything Right
on Nov 8, 2013 at 9:37:43 am

It looks like you're tracking with tracking model "translation, rotation, and scaling", but you might get better results with the "perspective" tracking model.

Regards,
Eberhard

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]