FORUMS: list search recent posts

Slice X, FCP X & HD XAVC material

COW Forums : CoreMelt Plug-ins

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Sanders
Slice X, FCP X & HD XAVC material
on Oct 3, 2013 at 12:32:31 pm

Hi All.

I'm using SliceX with Mocha to stick a pixellation mask over someones face when they say a word (not a rude word - its a guess the word competition with an accompanying audio beep). Needless to say there's a run in before and after it. So the person says "I've no idea what [beep] means but it could be".

So I've bladed the clip, applied the filter etc and all works as expected - except (and its a big one!) The filter clip appears to a) shrink and b) drop in luminance - its really visible when I cut back to the untreated footage. I've got round a) by zooming in by 100.1% but any ideas why its doing this.

2012 non retina Macbook Pro, OS X 10.8.5 w/8GB ram FCP 10.0.9 and material is Sony F55 XAVC 1920 x 1080 coming of a 4TB G RAID.

Michael Sanders
London Based DP/Editor

Return to posts index

Michael Sanders
Re: Slice X, FCP X & HD XAVC material
on Oct 3, 2013 at 12:37:50 pm

Interesting - just looked on a waveform and the filter is definitely clamping the material (which is er a bit over 100%!)

Michael Sanders
London Based DP/Editor

Return to posts index

Eberhard Ammelt
on Oct 3, 2013 at 12:54:34 pm

Hello,

I can confirm there's a slight shrinking. Regarding color clamping please try to switch off clamping. You can find the related control when you click on the "Globals" button in the canvas area at the bottom.

Regards, Eberhard

Return to posts index

Michael Sanders
on Oct 3, 2013 at 6:37:59 pm

That's not good! Changing the clamping didn't work and as for the shrinkage... why???

Michael Sanders
London Based DP/Editor

Return to posts index

Eberhard Ammelt
on Oct 4, 2013 at 2:13:10 pm

Can you please send a short portion of your source video to me: eberhard (at) coremelt.com?

Eberhard

Return to posts index

Michael Sanders
on Oct 4, 2013 at 9:03:25 pm

Hi Guys..

Just want to say openly thanks for the quick response and for the off forum communications.

Very impressed - thanks!

All seems good now.

Michael Sanders
London Based DP/Editor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]