FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lock and Load Frames and a 4K timeline

COW Forums : CoreMelt Plug-ins

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eddie Torrez
Lock and Load Frames and a 4K timeline
on Jun 19, 2013 at 11:35:16 pm

I am using lock & load frames to try to repair a complicated shot, and it works better than anything else I have tried (when I try it on the proxy footage)

when I try to apply it to a 4k timeline, I am given the message that it is unable to render a clip of that depth and resolution on my current hardware. I am working on a decently spec'd mac pro 8 core 2010 model, with the weak link being the standard ati 1gb graphics card. I have tried creating a timeline with just this clip to stabilize and reimport later, and I still get that message. I'm hoping there is a way to make this work, even if it a slooooow render process.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Roger Bolton
Re: Lock and Load Frames and a 4K timeline
on Jun 20, 2013 at 12:58:41 am

It might not work in FCP7 at 4K. FCP7 doesn't really handle 4K very well. There are memory limitations built in which we can't get around. Try setting your sequence settings to 8 bit in the video processing tab and try again.

If that doesn't work then really you need to switch to FCP X or Premiere Pro.

-
Freelance: Flame - Smoke - Resolve - Nuke - VFX Supervision
Owner / Director: CoreMelt Plugins

Return to posts index

Eddie Torrez
on Jul 10, 2013 at 10:21:03 pm

Thanks for the reply about the situation with FCP7 and the 4k lock and load issues. I have switched to FCPX to deal with this clip, and I'm now getting the "can't get frame" error near the end of the tracking attempt.

Can you suggest any settings I might need to be aware of that can cause such issues? It seems to get to near the end of the clip and then it either creates a hard crash of FCPX or gives me the error I mentioned.

Again, thanks

Return to posts index

Roger Bolton
on Jul 10, 2013 at 11:30:53 pm

Eddit can you please email us at support at coremelt dot com and send us the full text of the error message you are getting?

-
Freelance: Flame - Smoke - Resolve - Nuke - VFX Supervision
Owner / Director: CoreMelt Plugins

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]