FORUMS: list search recent posts

Simple video wall with six clips

COW Forums : CoreMelt Plug-ins

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Tannenbaum
Simple video wall with six clips
on Mar 18, 2013 at 12:11:46 am

I'm on a Mac OS 10.5.8 with FCPv6. I TRIED OVER AND OVER to contact general support at CoreMelt but the security code kept bouncing me back so I'm here to ask my question.

I've edited my own clips for a couple of years but am no expert. Still, Im doing okay with FCP. I want to create a "simple" video wall with six clips, each in its own box all running simultaneously. Coremelt seemed a good solution but it looks like it might be serious overkill. That said, I'd love to find a simple solution.

Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks, Ken

Ken Tannenbaum

Return to posts index

Eberhard Ammelt
Re: Simple video wall with six clips
on Mar 18, 2013 at 9:29:02 am

Hello, not sure what you mean by "serious overkill". Did you try CoreMelt's "VideoWall Zoom" or "Panel Vision"?

Regards, Eberhard

Return to posts index

Ken Tannenbaum
on Mar 18, 2013 at 10:31:00 am

Thanks very much for the reply. By "overkill" I mean this. First, from my read of the breadth of Coremelt, at the moment I don't have use for anything but a tiny aspect of it and so paying the price of admission makes little sense. Usually, the work I do is creating video clips for stock sale...an offshoot of shooting stills in NY advertising for 30 years. What I"m up to now is an fine art piece for which I want combine six clips into a grid, something I've never done. I THINK FCPs Motion panel provides the tools I need for that and just happened on Coremelt when I googled "video wall tutorials". ALSO, as mentioned, I'm working in FCPv6 and I think Coremelt might not work below the FCPv7 bar.

So my question is do I need a car when my bike will get me there?

I've answered so many inquiries about cameras and photoshop over the years. It's great to be on the receiving end of a help thread. Again, thanks,

Ken Tannenbaum

Return to posts index

Eberhard Ammelt
on Mar 18, 2013 at 10:43:28 am

I don't know your exact requirements, but the CoreMelt plugins you're interested in still support FCP 6, and you can download and install a trial version and see if they meet your requirements.

Eberhard

Return to posts index

Ken Tannenbaum
on Mar 18, 2013 at 10:58:48 am

Eberhard, thanks again.

Frankly, I don't know my requirements yet. But the clips are shot and I'll be setting up FCP today to begin the project. I believe what I need to do is a function of FCP. The bells and whistles of Coremelt will be there if it'll make a difference I can't live without.

Ken

Ken Tannenbaum

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]