FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re-Rendering all the time when I start FCPX

COW Forums : CoreMelt Plug-ins

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wolfgang Gaebler
Re-Rendering all the time when I start FCPX
on Feb 25, 2013 at 2:33:22 pm

I'm using intensively "Glow Waves" in one project... unfortunately every time I start FCPX and entering the project I have to wait that the effect renders >everything<, because it doesn't seem to save the render results.

I love this filter, because it's perfect for my actual project, but this re-rendering after every start of FCPX is really annoying... Is there a solution for that?

Return to posts index

Eberhard Ammelt
Re: Re-Rendering all the time when I start FCPX
on Feb 25, 2013 at 4:06:12 pm

This is not normal behavior. A plugin is not responsible for saving render results, but it can theoretically invalidate an existing render file.
Can you please check the log for possibly related error messages from the plugin when you restart FCP X?
Can you also try to create a new project, add a clip and apply Glow Waves. Does the problem still occur in this new project?

Regards, Eberhard

Return to posts index

Nathan Slabaugh
on Feb 25, 2013 at 11:47:53 pm

Add me to the list of "re-renders" every single time I start up a project with CoreMelt Stabilization in FCP X. Is there a fix or setting for this? Often, when the particular clip that is stabilized has other filters applied (e.g. CrumplePop filters etc.) the re-render will cause a FCP X crash. Help?

Return to posts index

Roger Bolton
on Feb 26, 2013 at 12:03:08 am

We actually recommend you turn off background rendering and use "ctrl r" to render the timeline when you need to. You don't need to render the timeline to export and you don't need to render to playback in most cases. Just turn off background rendering and you'll save yourself some unnecessary pain.

-
Freelance: Flame - Smoke - Resolve - Nuke - VFX Supervision
Owner / Director: CoreMelt Plugins

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]