FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lock and Load stabilation quality

COW Forums : CoreMelt Plug-ins

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lauri Astala
Lock and Load stabilation quality
on Feb 19, 2013 at 10:16:42 am

Hi,

downloaded yesterday the trial version of Lock&Load plug-in, but not really satisfied on it's ability. I've tried to stabilize in AfterEffects some clips (.R3D), which are a bit challenging - the background is quite stabile but the foreground moves steadily to one direction (for example moving on a bridge with iron structures). I need not only to stabilize the vertical/horizontal movement but also rotation.

I tried first with Warp Stabilizer. If only stabilizing "position" (vertical/horizontal movement), then the results are fine. But I need to stabilize also rotation, and in Warp Stabilizer there's no option for only "position and rotation". If I use the "position, rotation, scale", the scaling makes ugly "pumping" with the scaling part. Also similar problems with the other settings.

Now, Lock&Load plug-in gives good results in rotational stabilizing, but leaves vertical/horizontal movement shaky and jerky. Lock&Load seems not being able to cope with complicated clips. Believe me, I've tried a lot.

I've got OK results with combining Warp Stabilizer (only position stabilizing) and Lock&Load (only rotational stabilizing). However, when now considering buying the plug-in, I would expect better results with it.

A question additionally: when do you provide a chip profile for RED cameras? Are you working on them too?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Eberhard Ammelt
Re: Lock and Load stabilation quality
on Feb 19, 2013 at 11:56:22 am

Hello, I'd like to test this myself. Could you please send me one of your clips where the stabilization result is not satisfying? Please send me an email to eberhard (at) coremelt.com, then I'll tell you where you can upload the clip.
We're currently not working on supporting RED cameras.

Regards, Eberhard

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]