FORUMS: list search recent posts

Unable To Uninstall SliceX Trial

COW Forums : CoreMelt Plug-ins

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gerry Fraiberg
Unable To Uninstall SliceX Trial
on Nov 8, 2012 at 3:34:53 am

I am unable to fully uninstall the trial version of SliceX. After downloading, I immediately noticed erratic behaviour with FCP X. I used the uninstaller, but C2 SliceX is still showing in the Effects pane. I tried running the Full Uninstall to no avail. I then downloaded the Uninstall Tool again, only now I get an error message that the Plugins are already uninstalled. There are no CoreMelt folders showing in User > Motion Templates > Effects, or any other folder (Generators, Titles, Transitions). I then went in to Library and removed the CoreMelt folder there. But I still have C2 Slice X showing, although it appears to be non functional. I am using Event Manager to move Events and Projects. I have restarted FCP X and the Mac. I would like to be able to completely remove C2 Slice X as it appears that my system is not compatible.

Mac Pro Early 2009
2.66 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Memory 8 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 ECC
Graphics ATI Radeon HD 4870 512 MB
Software OS X 10.8.2 (12C60)
FCP X 10.0.6

- Gerry

Return to posts index

Roger Bolton
Re: Unable To Uninstall SliceX Trial
on Nov 8, 2012 at 6:29:01 am

There is a "remove slicex" uninstaller in /Libary/Application Support/CoreMelt/Tools that will completely remove the plugin and the motion templates.

Can you please let us know what erratic behavior you saw? SliceX is compatble with 10.8.2 and with FCP X 10.0.6

-
CoreMelt V2 plugins

Return to posts index

Gerry Fraiberg
on Nov 8, 2012 at 8:20:30 pm

The first thing I noticed was erratic redrawing of the screen as FCP X loaded after the installation. It looked like the screen was streaked very briefly. Then the Effects panel was blank. None of the stock effects or any that I had purchased showed. FCP X was sluggish and did not respond as it normally does. At that point I figured there must be some incompatibility and proceeded to uninstall.

I have manually uninstalled all folders, so I don't know if I have removed all files. But at least nothing shows in the Effects or Titles panes

Could there be a hardware conflict or incompatibility with my ATI Radeon HD 4870 512 MB graphics card?

- Gerry

Return to posts index

Roger Bolton
on Nov 9, 2012 at 1:49:12 am

We have tested with the Radeon 4870, I have one here it is fully supported by all our plugins. If you would like to try SliceX again please email us at support at coremelt dot com if you see any issues.

-
CoreMelt V2 plugins

Return to posts index

Gerry Fraiberg
on Nov 9, 2012 at 2:19:56 am

Thanks Roger, I'd be glad to give it another go. Especially when I'm reading great user reviews.

- Gerry

Return to posts index

Gerry Fraiberg
on Nov 9, 2012 at 3:13:06 am

Well, isn't that interesting. I have successfully reinstalled SliceX from the DMG which was still in the Downloads folder. And and this time it works!

However, it has crashed a couple of times while playing with it. Spinning beach ball, which led to Force Quit. I restarted, and proceeded to try different effects. Now I've got a gray box with a yellow triangle and the message - Final Cut Pro quite unexpectedly while using the VTwinFX plug-in.

I am testing on a short Project with Nikon D7000 clips, 1920 x 1080, 23.98 fps, no colour correction or any other filters added.

Any suggestions are welcome. If you need more info, let me know.

- Gerry

Return to posts index

Roger Bolton
on Nov 9, 2012 at 3:17:24 am

can you please copy paste the crash reports and email them to us at support at coremelt dot com?
Can you please send us a system profile as well?

Crashlog / Console messages
If your host application crashes there will be a crashlog file generated, this is in your user directory in the following location "/Macintosh HD/Users/*Your User Name*/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/" with the name of the host application, eg Final Cut Pro crashes will be called "Final Cut Pro.crash.log".
The Final Cut Pro crash.log file will help us to see what is going wrong.

System Profile:
In all cases we need a system profile in order to diagnose your problem. To generate a system profile go to "about this mac" from the Apple Menu then click the "More Info..." button. Then click "System Report" to start the system information application. Then go to the "File" menu and select "save" and save the complete system profile as a SPX file. Please send that file to us as an email attachment.

-
CoreMelt V2 plugins

Return to posts index

Gerry Fraiberg
on Nov 9, 2012 at 3:50:08 am

The Crash Reports were not in the specified location, however I went into Console and saved two Final Cut Pro Crash Reports. I've also generated a System Report, which I am sending by email. It's 10:45 p.m. EDT, I have an hour drive to shoot a news announcement on Friday, so I'll be shutting down soon.

Thanks for your attention and your support.

- Gerry

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]