FORUMS: list search recent posts

Install issues with VeeYouV2 for multiple users

COW Forums : CoreMelt Plug-ins

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Edwin Aoki
Install issues with VeeYouV2 for multiple users
on Nov 14, 2009 at 6:08:47 pm

Hi all,

First off, to the CoreMelt folks - thanks for offering a great set of plugins. Just getting started with them and they look really slick.

I'm having a difficulty with the install process. I've got two users on my machine; we'll call them 'A' and 'B'. FCP is installed as Root, and both users can run it without issue.

I installed VeeYouV2 as user A, and I don't see the plugins in my Video Generators, even after restarting FCP 7. When I go to user B, however, and launch FCP, they're there. I would be less puzzled with the opposite behavior, and I'm pleased that it at least works for one of the users, but I'd really like to take advantage of the plugins i both users (I segment my workload that way).

I'm sure it's a permissions issue, somewhere, but I can't for the life of me figure out where (I chown'ed and chmodded the /Library/App Support/CoreMelt folder to root with world read/write/execute permissions).

Anyone here have any clues? Thanks in advance,
-Edwin

Return to posts index

Roger Bolton
Re: Install issues with VeeYouV2 for multiple users
on Nov 15, 2009 at 2:13:29 am

Hi, I recommend you first repair permissions with Disk Utility on your drive, then uninstall using the "Full Uninstall CoreMelt Plugins" in /Library/Application Support/CoreMelt/Tools then download our latest installer and run it again?

http://www.coremelt.com/updates/

Let us know if that doesn't fix the problem

Roger
CoreMelt

Return to posts index

Edwin Aoki
on Nov 15, 2009 at 7:29:54 pm

Thanks for the super quick response, Roger. Unfortunately, that didn't do it. After repairing permissions (nothing found), uninstalling, and reinstalling, I still can't get VeeYou to show up under User A.

Again, it works just fine for me under User B, just not under User A (who also has administrative privileges on the computer). Curiously, the installer installs /Library/App Support/CoreMelt as root:wheel (the same for CoreMelt/Docs and CoreMelt/FxPlug) but Assets and Tools are owned by user B.

Also I neglected to mention this is SnowLeopard 10.6.2/FCP 7.0.1.

I know my next option is probably to reinstall Final Cut Studio, but I'd really like to leave that as a last resort :) I can also try installing the whole set of plugins but I imagine you're using the same install technology.

Thanks again,
-Edwin

Return to posts index

Roger Bolton
on Nov 16, 2009 at 12:36:05 am

Hi Edwin, please try installing CoreMelt Complete V2 using the latest installer, that will help us to isolate the problem.

You can then remove some of the plugins from the folders manually if you don't want them to show up.

http://www.coremelt.com/updates/

Roger
CoreMelt

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]