FORUMS: list search recent posts

VU duration limitation?

COW Forums : CoreMelt Plug-ins

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Clinton Vadnais
VU duration limitation?
on Feb 27, 2012 at 3:23:04 pm

I searched around a bit but ended up having to resort to posting a direct question. The Core Melt VU plug is pretty cool. I have some great ideas for using it. Recently I realized there seems to be a limit to the length of the clip you can create with it. Is this the case? I don't off hand recall that number but it was something like two or three minutes. Maybe it was longer. I only know that I was not able to make the clip as long as I would have liked to for a desired effect. This is in FCP7 for what that is worth.

Is there anything I can do to us VU to generate much longer clips that are synced to a single long audio file?

Return to posts index

Roger Bolton
Re: VU duration limitation?
on Feb 29, 2012 at 8:05:15 am

Hi, you canextend the generators to any length by doublie clicking on the generator in the timeline then typing a longer duration into the box on the left of the viewer window.

The default duration is 1:05, you can type in a new duration to make it any length

-
CoreMelt V2 plugins

Return to posts index

Tamas Polgar
on Apr 6, 2012 at 9:11:39 am

Hi! I have the some question, and the above answer did not help. I am using FCP 6, and there is no such setting as "duration" in the Viewer.

This is what happens: I load a WAV file to any VeeYou generator, but it the meters are totally out of sync, and it abruptly stops working after some 30 seconds. The sound is much longer so it should keep moving, but it doesn't. Looks like it is playing the WAV faster than normal.

Return to posts index

Iain Anderson
on Apr 6, 2012 at 11:15:35 pm

In the top left and right corners of the Viewer (even in FCP 6) there are timecode fields. The one in the top left is the Duration field, and that's the one you should change.

Return to posts index

Tamas Polgar
on Apr 6, 2012 at 11:59:28 pm

Meanwhile I found it but it actually changes nothing. I can either stretch the generator on the Timeline or manually type its duration, it doesn't matter. The WAV file is supposed to be some 50 seconds long, but the VU stops working after 30 seconds and goes flat. And when it works it seems to be totally out of sync. What could be the reason?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]