FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dewrinkler causes video glitches

COW Forums : CoreMelt Plug-ins

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Keith Goldstein
Dewrinkler causes video glitches
on Apr 6, 2011 at 3:57:59 pm

I have a problem with the Dewrinkler plugin from V2. I'm getting glitched video (sometimes before and sometimes after rendering) after applying the filter. Sometimes the glitch appears as colored blocks on the screen, and sometimes it appears as an inverse of the mask applied to the area (a black circle over the video).

Any ideas? Could it be a conflict with FxFactory plugins? Or an issue with RAM or VRAM?

Return to posts index

Eberhard Ammelt
Re: Dewrinkler causes video glitches
on Apr 7, 2011 at 8:55:16 am

Hello,
this could be due to low resources. Which graphics card do you use, and how much VRAM does it have?
Are you rendering at HD resolution?
Can you please check the log file for related error messages?

Eberhard

Return to posts index

Keith Goldstein
on Apr 7, 2011 at 9:30:20 pm

It's a GeForce GT 300M with 512 MB. Yes, we work in 1080p.

Return to posts index

Eberhard Ammelt
on Apr 8, 2011 at 9:10:55 am

Can you please also check the log file for error messages?
Does the problem also appear when you restart FCP, create a new project and apply Dewrinkler to a single clip?
Eberhard

Return to posts index

Keith Goldstein
on Apr 8, 2011 at 4:14:33 pm

No, that works fine.

I see one error that keeps occurring in the log: "pointer was not allocated." I have no idea what that means, but it also occurs in Motion.

To be honest, I am also having issues with Motion. Fairly often, the data in the inspector panel fails to show up when I click on an object. I usually have to restart the program for it to work again. Some of the default project templates are wrong, too (template labeled 30fps is actually 25 and vice versa).

I'm thinking of just reinstalling the entire FCP suite.

Return to posts index

Keith Goldstein
on Apr 8, 2011 at 4:25:34 pm

Also, we still have the old FxFactory CoreMelt plugins installed so we can restore old projects without any problems. Would that cause any issues?

And is there a way that, if we got rid of the FxFactory plugins, the old projects would reconnect the settings with the new plugins?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]