FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lock & Load renders blue screen

COW Forums : CoreMelt Plug-ins

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rich Gehron
Lock & Load renders blue screen
on Mar 23, 2011 at 2:25:54 pm

Been using L&L on a project and successfully stabilized a shot a few weeks ago. Went back in to make a few adjustments today, re-tracked the shot, re-rendered and final render gives me a blue screen. This happens on both L&L X and L&L Frames. The only change I have made was installing a few new free Coremelt plugins. Could those other plugins possibly be interfering with Lock & Load? Running FCP 7, Snow Leopard on MacPro 6-core.

Return to posts index

tony williams
Re: Lock & Load renders blue screen
on Sep 14, 2011 at 10:25:06 pm

No one seems to be replying to this issue. I have the same problem and have emailed coremelt but there are no replies.
Very frutrating as the work I have already done now can't be used when the clips suddnely turned blue.

Return to posts index

Eberhard Ammelt
on Sep 15, 2011 at 7:30:29 am

Hello, Lock & Load does not intentionally render itself a blue screen. This might either come from FCP due to some failure or when it's from Lock & Load, there could be some interference with other plugins.

Is it just blue, no printed message on it? Which FCP and MacOS version are you using? What kind of video are you processing, and which other effects have you applied to this clip?
Do you remember what was changed right before the problem appeared the first time?

Can you please also check the log for possible error messages.

Eberhard

Return to posts index

tony williams
on Sep 15, 2011 at 8:09:59 am

Thanks for the reply. I am using FCP 7.0.3 and I have an iMac11,1 with 512mb of VRAM.
OS X 10.6.8. I am working on a project shot on a canon11 5D, 1.5hrs long. All media stored on an 8TB external HD. Apple Pro Res 422 1920x1080 25p 48khz.

The screen is just blue. No message. The stabilizer appears to complete it's job ok, and the render also functions in the normal way, but just as the render finshes the screen turns blue. No message appears.

I have no other plug ins operating, some clips may have a grading, but it also happens on new clips that are 'virgin'. It also happens on clips that previously rendered ok.

I can't think of anything that has changed, I am using the same project. Everything else on the project is working fine. I have tried using smoothcam which renders opk - but the result isn't near as good as Lock and Load.

I am sorry I don't know how to check a log for error messages. Perhaps you can help me with that.

Be grateful for any clues as the problem began gradually and now does it everytime. Lock and Load shots that have previously rendered ok I have made quicktimes of, and that has at least saved those so I don't have to re render,
Thank you

Return to posts index

Eberhard Ammelt
on Sep 15, 2011 at 11:36:07 am

You can find the log when you open the Console application from the utility applications folder.
There choose "All Messages" and look for messages from FCP, while you try to render.
Please send all the new messages to me: eberhard (at) coremelt.com

Please also try to temporarily remove the FCP preferences.
Does the problem also occur in a fresh project when you apply Lock & Load to a short clip?

Eberhard

Return to posts index

Rich Gehron
on Sep 15, 2011 at 4:16:22 pm

Original poster here...

I ended up having to delete the clip (it was one shot, but a long one) from the timeline. I dropped it back in and re-applied Lock&Load and it rendered properly. My guess is that the render file somehow got corrupted. I tried to break the link and re-render the clip, but the blue screen persisted. It might have worked if I had deleted the render files all together, but I did not want to have to re-render an entire timeline for one shot.
I have used L&L several times since then (in different projects) with no more blue screen so far... Luckily it was only a single shot. If I had to replace multiple shots in a project I would have been far more frustrated...
I did not try trashing my FCP preferences, but it is a good suggestion. If it doesn't work, you could try deleting the render files for the project (hopefully you can isolate just the ones for the L&L clips). Then remove the L&L filter from those clips and re-apply it. And of course, re-render. Good Luck!

Return to posts index

tony williams
on Sep 15, 2011 at 9:38:23 pm

In the end, at Eberhard's suggestion, I opened a new FCP project, used one of the short shots that wouldn't render in my main project and it suddenly worked. I then went back to my main project and I was able to render again. I notice that sometimes while editing and moving sequences around, previously rendered L and L shots need to be re-rendered, So as a precaution (Before I managed to get L and L to render again) I exported all the L and L shots that were still successfully rendered to quicktimes and replaced the originals. That seemed to preserve the filter effect ok while I was trying to fix the render problem.

Thanks for the input.
Tony

Return to posts index

Peter Mackie
on Nov 3, 2011 at 10:38:50 pm

If you are running Mac/FCP and have had a difficult time with Lock and Load you MUST try Mercalli 2.0
I fought for days with unreadable frames and blue screen in L & L, and finally tried the Mercalli demo plug in. Wow. It just loves to work with my Mac (Quad Intel) and FCP 7. If this post saves just one person the pain I went through, well, all I can say is you're welcome. Mercalli is the answer to FCP stabilization. Full disclosure: I have no relationship w any plug in company.

Return to posts index

tony williams
on Nov 4, 2011 at 5:32:59 am

I had some success with making a new project and new sequence, then applying the L & L filter. Somehow it seemed to reset the render files and worked again, then when I went back to original project it worked ok. But it has a habit of coming back again so it seems to be a compatible problem somewhere between coremelt and FCP.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]