FORUMS: list search recent posts

CoreMelt Free breaks my paid plug-in

COW Forums : CoreMelt Plug-ins

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Smith
CoreMelt Free breaks my paid plug-in
on Mar 15, 2011 at 5:31:25 pm

Just a quick note to be careful installing the new CoreMelt FREE 33 plug-in set if you already own some CoreMelt products.

Just fired up a 3 week old project that used Advanced Vignette extensively... and every instance of the plugin (14 minutes worth) was broken, and poking around trying to get the effect to work again caused FCP to crash several times. I also noted that the effect name was listed as "Advanced Vignette COP" whereas new versions of the effect I apply seem to work and lack the "COP" in the name.

After much bitching and searching in vain for real tech support on the CoreMelt site, I realized that the plug-in on my system is now labeled as "Free". It turns out that my boss installed the CoreMelt Free package, which installs OVER THE TOP of at least some of your existing plug-ins, and apparently breaks Advanced Vignette to the point of dumping FCP over and over. I uninstalled all CoreMelt plug-ins, installed the V2 set and my Advanced Vignette worked fine again. Added the Free package back in and it broke again. Fun!

I'm a big fan of free plug-ins, but when they cause me an hour of stress and confusion my excitement begins to dim. I did note that many of the freebies have "-Free" appended to the names in the finder, but not all of them, and there were not non-free-labeled versions along side them. I'm in the process of pulling out all the Free plugs (sort by date) and I'll try to manually install they ones we don't already own once I have this thing stable again.

Arg.

- - -
Video Photographer / Avid & Final Cut Editor

Return to posts index

Roger Bolton
Re: CoreMelt Free breaks my paid plug-in
on Mar 16, 2011 at 3:44:33 am

hi, can you contact us direct at support at coremelt dot com?

CoreMelt FREE is safe to install over coremelt paid products, I've just tested this again with our latest version. There may have been some specific problem which we will try and work out

-
CoreMelt V2 plugins

Return to posts index

Adam Smith
Re: CoreMelt Free breaks my paid plug-in
on Mar 16, 2011 at 7:20:48 pm

Hi Roger,

I've got everything working correctly now, but I'd be happy to help you diagnose the issue. Unfortunately I'm in production all day today, off tomorrow, and shooting on friday, so the earliest I'll be able to talk with the effected system in front of me is going to be monday or tuesday next week.

Glad to hear this seems to be an isolated incident.

-Adam

- - -
Video Photographer / Avid & Final Cut Editor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]