FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lock 'N Load - No effect on clip

COW Forums : CoreMelt Plug-ins

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Babbitt
Lock 'N Load - No effect on clip
on Nov 30, 2010 at 7:15:57 pm

I have about 10 minutes of footage that was shot from a tripod, however the camera was on a platform, on an extreme telephoto shot, and any amount of vibration causes some vertical shaking in what should be a locked-down shot. Lock & Load works well on shots with more severe shaking, but doesn't seem to have any effect on this shot. I have fooled around with the settings, but no change...nothing.

Return to posts index

Eberhard Ammelt
Re: Lock 'N Load - No effect on clip
on Dec 1, 2010 at 11:45:14 am

Hello, can you please send the original clip or some part of it?
Then I'll take a look. Please send the clip via YouSendit.com or upload it to my public iDisk "eammelt".

Regards, Eberhard

Return to posts index

Chris Babbitt
on Dec 1, 2010 at 5:13:07 pm

Eberhard,

Please provide me with your e-mail and I will send clip by YouSendIt.

Return to posts index

Eberhard Ammelt
on Dec 1, 2010 at 6:12:05 pm

My email address is eberhard (at) coremelt.com

Eberhard

Return to posts index

Eberhard Ammelt
on Dec 1, 2010 at 6:57:07 pm

I got your clip. If you choose "Lock Down" as stabilization mode and use default parameters otherwise, stabilization is very good in the center. The remaining shakes, mainly at the top and the bottom, are due to shutter related distortions of your CMOS cameras. You can reduce them by applying shutter correction as well, i.e. choose "Stabilize and Shutter Correction" as Operation Mode.
It's difficult to find the optimum correction coefficient manually for this clip. Do you find your camera in the camera menu?

Eberhard

Return to posts index

Chris Babbitt
on Dec 1, 2010 at 7:03:27 pm

Thank you Eberhard. It seems to me that I already tried lock down, and it made no difference. It is a 10 minute continuous piece, and there is some panning in places. My camera is in the menu. I will try shutter correction. It is a Sony EX1, if you want to try it yourself.

Return to posts index

Chris Babbitt
on Dec 1, 2010 at 9:21:32 pm

I tried all your suggestions using Lock & Load X with no visible results, so I went back to L&L Frames, and, VOILA!
It worked great.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]