FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lock & Load X

COW Forums : CoreMelt Plug-ins

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mauricio Arango
Lock & Load X
on Nov 10, 2010 at 3:30:53 pm

Hi,
I just bought and installed the Lock & Load X plugin.
I'm testing on a short clip (less than 20 seconds) and the results are much worse than the original shaking of the footage. The rendered clip present a lot more movement and random variations in the zoom. Nothing smooth at all. After trying several parameter combinations I'm giving up and asking for advice.

I should mention that the original clip was shot at 1080, and I'm editing it on a timeline set at 720. Other than that the clip's speed is the same. Would this frame size difference be an issue?

Thanks so much,

M.

Return to posts index

Mauricio Arango
Re: Lock & Load X
on Nov 10, 2010 at 3:38:41 pm

I should add I am editing on FCPS 3 and my footage is ProRes 422 proxy, It was shot originally on a 5D Mark II.
Thanks.

Return to posts index

Yuri Radaev
on Nov 10, 2010 at 4:12:25 pm

Try to clear IN-OUT points on timeline.

Return to posts index

Eberhard Ammelt
on Nov 10, 2010 at 7:13:32 pm

Hello,
resizing the clip should not be a problem.
In some cases FCP does not correctly recognize the clip's field order. In that case stabilization results can get bad.
Also, as Yuri mentioned, sequence in/out points can be a problem. Please clear in/out points until the clip is rendered.
Does the problem also occur with Lock & Load Frames ?

Regards, Eberhard

Return to posts index

Mauricio Arango
on Nov 10, 2010 at 7:53:10 pm

I didn't have any IN/OUT markers in my timeline.
I did tried the Load&Load frames and the results were much much better. So I guess I'm sticking to it by now.
Thank you anyways,
m

Return to posts index

Neil Evans
on Nov 10, 2010 at 10:01:23 pm

Mauricio,
Just wanted to let you know you're not alone – I've been unable to get any decent results with L&L X. It seems to make motion and jitter much worse, exactly as you describe. Frames seems to work okay though. It's still buggy, but much less so.

-Neil

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]