FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lock and load error message

COW Forums : CoreMelt Plug-ins

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Watt
Lock and load error message
on Nov 5, 2010 at 5:24:28 pm

I'm editing on a MacPro 2 x 3 GHZ Dual quad core with the latest FCP, Apple & QT software and have run into a couple of issues with Lock & Load. Original video is XDCAM EX HQ 1080/60i, 29.97 FPS applied to a DVCPROHD 1080/60i, 29.97 timeline. Show length is 52 minutes.

The latest issue is an error message while trying to export the XML data "XML transmission was aborted due to Critical error." This is now happening on all clips I try to apply the filter to.

The second issue I have encountered before getting this error was after render, when the clip is applied to the timeline I get a little jerk in the video during the 60 frame dissolve.

thx...jw

Producer/DP, HD series, "Discoveries...America", "Discoveries...Ireland", "Discoveries...Spain",
"Discoveries...Argentina", Discoveries...India", "Discoveries...Asia", "Discoveries...Africa"

Return to posts index

Eberhard Ammelt
Re: Lock and load error message
on Nov 6, 2010 at 12:26:28 pm

Hello, the xml conversion is requested by Lock & Load X but is actually performed by FCP.
When there occurs a problem during this conversion, mainly due to a complex project, we cannot fix this.
In these cases we recommend Lock & Load Frames, which avoids the xml conversion procedure.

Regarding the "jerk", is this a single frame with wrong spatial transformation?
Does this only appear after rendering or already when previewing?

Regards, Eberhard

Return to posts index

Jim Watt
on Nov 6, 2010 at 5:46:15 pm

I think the XML issue is tied to problems I'm having in FCP at the moment (frequent crashes).

The jerk does seem to be a frame with spatial problems and it occurs after render and generally at the beginning of a dissolve.

Thx for getting back to me so quickly...Jw

Return to posts index

Eberhard Ammelt
on Nov 8, 2010 at 2:33:46 pm

Difficult to say from the distance what might cause this jerk.
What do you mean by "spatial problems"? Do you you think it's a tracking problem?
In that case you could try to specify a tracking area.

Can you please check the log file for any related error messages?
You find the log file when you open the Console app from the utility apps folder.
Then choose "All messages" and check what's written in the right hand view when you render.

Regarding the crashes you could try to trash the FCP preferences.

Return to posts index

micheal mcalexander
on Mar 21, 2012 at 1:22:42 pm

did u ever find a solution for this... I'm getting the 99% error now

Return to posts index

Jim Watt
on Mar 21, 2012 at 1:59:57 pm

It's been a while, but I started using frames instead of X and that seemed to solve the issue. Have since switched to CS 5.5 and their warp stabilizer is terrific and mocha is even better, did try lock and load in after effects and it too worked fine.

Producer/DP, HD series, "Discoveries...America", "Discoveries...Ireland", "Discoveries...Spain",
"Discoveries...Argentina", Discoveries...India", "Discoveries...Asia", "Discoveries...Africa"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]