FORUMS: list search recent posts

L&L Express stuttering

COW Forums : CoreMelt Plug-ins

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shelley Cryan
L&L Express stuttering
on Oct 30, 2010 at 9:34:02 pm

I'm trying out Lock and Load Express with Final Cut Express, and am having trouble getting it to look right. The results are very, very choppy -- the clips with L&LE applied play with pronounced stuttering, that is, the scene jerks around a lot so much that the scene is unusable. What would cause this? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Iain Anderson
Re: L&L Express stuttering
on Oct 30, 2010 at 10:10:51 pm

Just checking: have you rendered the stabilised footage? If you use Unlimited RT and turn off the dropped frame warning then it could all look stuttery.

Return to posts index

Shelley Cryan
on Oct 30, 2010 at 10:22:20 pm

I wish it were that easy. Yes, I've rendered the clip, and I'm not using Unlimited RT. I even exported it the clip as a Qucktime movie, to see if it was just a problem with playback within FCE, but alas, the quicktime movie had the same problem. I must be doing something wrong -- I have heard very good things about L&L and I know my results must not be normal. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Return to posts index

Eberhard Ammelt
on Nov 1, 2010 at 8:17:51 am

Hello, this could be caused by wrong field order settings. Can you please check if FCE has detected the correct field order for this clip?

Regards, Eberhard

Return to posts index

Shelley Cryan
on Nov 2, 2010 at 5:30:33 pm

Your comment made me go and look at the sequence settings and I had indeed set them for 720 when the source clip was 1080. I had thought that FCE adjusts the sequence to the clip -- a dialog box pops up when I put in a conflicting clip, saying it would automatically adjust fce sequence settings -- but I guess not. Setting it to 1080 when I created the project fixed it -- L&L Express worked great. Is this what you were referring to by field order? Or is there a different setting I ought to look at to get even better results? Thank you for your help.

Return to posts index

Eberhard Ammelt
on Nov 2, 2010 at 6:20:02 pm

I think FCE should setup the sequence with correct width, height, and pixel aspect ratio.
If they're not correct, this might cause such problems as well.
I was considering that the field order was not correct.
Is it 1080 interlaced or progressive? I know that FCP/E does not always detect this correctly.
If it looks good on an interlace capable screen, it should be ok.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]