FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dissolves with L&L

COW Forums : CoreMelt Plug-ins

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael O'Reilly
Dissolves with L&L
on Oct 18, 2010 at 8:13:06 pm

Great product - not sure how to get around this dissolve thing though.

I have clip A and clip B. If I track both using "L&L frames", and then apply a dissolve between the two clips, I have to re-track both clips and it is a crap shoot whether I get it to work.

If I track both using "L&L X", it tells me that "speed changes are not supported" and makes me use "L&L frames".

THoughts ?

tracking 1920x1080 clips in FCP 6.0.6 (not sure what version of L&L it is)

thanks

Michael

Return to posts index

Eberhard Ammelt
Re: Dissolves with L&L
on Oct 19, 2010 at 8:06:31 am

Hello,
I guess you've changed the speed of both clips so Lock & Load X complains?
This should work anyway with Lock & Load Frames after re-tracking.
Can you explain more specifically what doesn't work and what happens after re-tracking?

Regards, Eberhard

Return to posts index

Michael O'Reilly
on Oct 19, 2010 at 3:53:46 pm

Hi Eberhard

Thanks for your response. I have not changed speed on the clips in question, nor does the timebase of my sequence differ from the timebase of the clip in question. I get the message

"Speed changes are not supported, either render the clip at the new speed, then apply 'Lock & Load X', or please use 'Lock & Load Frames'" when I try to use L&LX,

but then if I use L&LFrames, the dissolve seems to interfere with my tracking data. I'll apply a dissolve and then I get a message that the clip needs to be re-tracked.

I am working with XDCAM HD 1080i60 35 MB/s VBR material. (I don't know if the codec matters)

thanks

Michael

Return to posts index

Eberhard Ammelt
on Oct 19, 2010 at 4:40:25 pm

Hello Michael,
if clip speed is 100% but Lock & Load X falsely assumes it's not, I'd like to see your project.
I'll tell in a private mail how you can send me your project.

Does the interference between tracking data and the transition occur immediately after rendering or only after exporting?
What is your sequence codec, can you try to change the codec as a test?

Regards, Eberhard

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]