FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Track Motion" button not appearing?!

COW Forums : CoreMelt Plug-ins

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Channing Kennedy
"Track Motion" button not appearing?!
on Oct 4, 2010 at 9:44:52 pm

Hi,

I've had CoreMelt Complete V2 installed on another computer previously, and it worked great. I've gotten upgraded to a new tower recently, and reinstalled the plugins, but I've had problems with Lock & Load.

When I drop the Lock & Load X or Lock & Load Frames filter onto a clip in my timeline in Final Cut, I get the 'No Tracking Data - please click on Track Motion to start motion tracking' message, as usual. But! The actual 'Track Motion' button is nowhere to be seen. THere is no graphic whatsoever in the Filters tab, where it should be. I've used this plugin plenty of times before on my old system, so I know what should be happening here, and it's not happening.

I downloaded V Twin Ignition and registered (since I couldn't access the registration dialogue through the plugin since no graphic button to click on), successfully, but it made no difference.

Everything's updated -- newest version of plugin and system software. Maybe this has something to do with the fact that the plugin is still installed on my old tower, and my old tower is still up and running on the same network? Is CoreMelt that fancy? All the other plugins work just fine -- but since Lock & Load has that one extra button that is not showing up, it's not.

I'm running a Mac Pro tower, Snow Leopard 10.6.4, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285, FCP 7.0.2, fresh install of everything. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Eberhard Ammelt
Re: "Track Motion" button not appearing?!
on Oct 5, 2010 at 8:05:59 am

Hello,
the 'Track Motion' button should appear in any case.
Do the other custom parameters show up, e.g. the help banner?
Can you please try the following: Remove the Lock & Load instance, save your project, restart FCP, open your project, and apply Lock & Load again.
If this doesn't help, please check the log file for error messages: Open the Console app from the utility apps folder, choose "All Messages" from the left table. Now, open your project, apply Lock & Load, and check the messages on the right of the Console window. Are there any related messages?
Regards, Eberhard

Return to posts index

Chris Hsiung
on Oct 8, 2010 at 6:00:27 pm

Hi all,

I just bought the Lock and Load X plug-in excited to be able to use it, but when I applied the filter there was no "Track Motion" button.

And just as I type this, I figured out what the problem is. It has something to do with all my FCE windows being on the second screen. When I gathered all the windows (Click Window -> Arrange -> Standard), all the windows go back to my main screen. Then I can see the "Track Motion" button.

Interesting.

How do I report this bug to the company?
Chris

Return to posts index

Eberhard Ammelt
on Oct 9, 2010 at 5:03:18 pm

Hello Chris,
Lock & Load is not aware of the screen where its parameter panel is displayed, it just provides the resources, drawing is up to FCP.
Do you see the other customized parameters, e.g. the banner image or the camera coefficient chooser, on the 2nd screen?
The problem might be related to the graphics hardware. Which graphics card do you use?

Regards, Eberhard

Return to posts index

Chris Hsiung
on Oct 9, 2010 at 10:11:03 pm

The logo is missing as well. I have a 1.83 GHZ MacBook Pro. Also I'm using FCE not FCP. Graphics card is ATY, Radeon X1600.

Could be the video card. FCE seem to crash more when I play stuff on the secon screen.

Chris

Return to posts index

massimo verona
on Sep 30, 2012 at 5:06:41 am

I was having the same problem with 2011 MBP 2.3 i7 1 GB VRAM.

Restarted machine, FCP 7.0.3, the needed settings ( button, graphics) seemed to appear when I moved the filter window just a few pixels to left on my screen .

MIght force a redraw or something.

Return to posts index

Roger Bolton
on Sep 30, 2012 at 5:12:52 am

Yes this problem sometimes (very rarely) occurs in FCP 7.03 and resizing the effects window fixes it. It seems to be a bug in FCP, unfortunately it's not something we can patch.

-
CoreMelt V2 plugins

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]