FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lock & Load Crop

COW Forums : CoreMelt Plug-ins

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff King
Lock & Load Crop
on Sep 29, 2010 at 6:23:00 pm

Hello,

I'm working with a 1920x1080 @ 30p footage and L&L X is working great. However, my destination will be at 1280x720p or lower and I'm trying to figure out how to crop my footage instead of zoom/resizing. I don't need the outside edges, I'm okay cropping them out. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Jeff King
Re: Lock & Load Crop
on Sep 29, 2010 at 6:33:10 pm

I just figured this out on my own and wanted to post what I did.

I set L&L to a fixed crop of 100%, so I had black edges where it stabilized. Then I sent it to Compressor and in the geometry tab I manually set my custom crop - 320 on each left and right, 180 on top/bottom. Set my res to 1280x720 and bam, worked like a charm.

Return to posts index

Roger Bolton
on Sep 29, 2010 at 11:29:09 pm

Great that you worked it out!

-
CoreMelt V2 plugins

Return to posts index

Jeff King
on Sep 29, 2010 at 11:53:35 pm

Well I thought I had figured it out, but am noticing quite a bit of quality degradation. I thought there would be little/no quality drop since i'm cropping but it looks like Lock & Load is still modifying the image. I'm going to mess around with the L&L settings a bit and see if I get what I want. If I follow the same process w/o L&L quality looks fine. With L&L quality is a bit soft and I get some minor tearing and pixelation... Is this a common issue with L&L?

Any tips would be appreciated!

Return to posts index

Eberhard Ammelt
on Sep 30, 2010 at 3:31:22 pm

If you disable zooming, there is only blurring due to pixel interpolation.
You might also see motion blurring from the original video which is more pronounced after stabilization.

Regarding cropping, you could also import your 1080 clip into a 720 Motion project, apply Lock & Load, and export the clip.

Regards, Eberhard

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]