FORUMS: list search recent posts

L&L problem

COW Forums : CoreMelt Plug-ins

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Handy
L&L problem
on Sep 24, 2009 at 1:15:32 am

I keep having to re-do "track motion" even though I have not changed anything. And some clips with transitions will not work unless I take out the transitions first, then re-do "track motion" and re-render. However, if I put a transition back in, I have to do the whole process over and then I get the little dialog in my render that the clip has changed - even though I didn't change anything other than add a transition. The tracking data control says, OK, but it won't render the part with the transition. If I can get this working right, I'll buy, but this is a struggle.

Running SL with FCS 3.

HandyGeek

Return to posts index

Jeff Handy
Re: L&L problem
on Sep 24, 2009 at 1:17:34 am

One other thing. Is there no way to run "track motion" for a range of clips or the whole timeline? Doing each clip individually is a bit of a pain. thx

HandyGeek

Return to posts index

Roger Bolton
on Sep 24, 2009 at 2:52:20 am

Hi Jeff

in the current version of Lock & Load any thing which changes the length of the clip needs a retrack. That means also adding a transition since you then have made the clip longer by using the heads and tales.

In a future update we are going to look at making lock & load track heads and tales for you so that small adjustments to length don't require a retrack but at the moment thats the way it is.

Batch processing of tracking would also be very handy I agree, however the FxPlug api doesn't allow us a way of doing that. There are some potential solutions we're still investigating to get around that.

As far as I'm aware theres no batch capability for smoothcam or any other FCP tracking solution right now.

Roger
CoreMelt

Return to posts index

Jeff Handy
on Sep 25, 2009 at 1:53:53 pm

I have been known to write some AppleScript, but I'm not sure such a task could be done with the library available. Would that not require your tracking control to have a library hook to the event?

HandyGeek

Return to posts index

Jeff Handy
on Sep 25, 2009 at 1:58:18 pm

Actually, I think the biggest problem with automation here would be that the playhead has to be over the footage being analyzed. hmm

HandyGeek

Return to posts index

Roger Bolton
on Sep 25, 2009 at 10:25:03 pm

yeah we're investigating an external tool, but there is issues keeping it synchronized with what FCP is doing so we're not sure yet how that will work out.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]