FORUMS: list search recent posts

Optical Glow Across

COW Forums : CoreMelt Plug-ins

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Terry Kean
Optical Glow Across
on Aug 18, 2010 at 9:53:07 pm

Can anyone help me set up the parameters for this filter? I'm trying to get the diagonal sheen moving across some text and this filter appears to do it but I can't figure out how to get the effect to only happen one time. I have a piece of text that lasts 6 seconds and I only want one pass of the sheen at a specific time. When the filter is applied it changes the look of the text (even without the sheen running across the text) so the "mix" parameter wont work for this. Any other suggestions?

Thanks for any help!

Terry Kean

Return to posts index

Iain Anderson
Re: Optical Glow Across
on Aug 18, 2010 at 10:44:38 pm

There is a nice technique for doing this that will be demonstrated in an upcoming tutorial video, but it's quite complex to explain in text:

1. Put your text in track V1.
2. Hold option and shift and drag up two tracks to place a copy of this text in track V3.
3. From Effects > C2 Luminous, drag a constant glow filter (Core Glow, Optical Glow) onto this new clip in V3.
4. Add a Slug clip on track V2.
5. Drag Soft Edge Wipe (in Video Transitions > C2 TRX Filmic Transitions) onto one edge of the Slug in V2.
6. Edit the Soft Edge Wipe transition settings, and choose Edge Mask from the Show menu. You should now see a white line moving from one side of the screen to the other. Angle and width can be adjusted here too.
7. Select the clip in V3 (not V2), right-click it, and choose Composite Mode > Travel Matte - Luma.

Now, the glow only appears in a moving band over the text. You can roll the transition around and change its duration to control its timing and length.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]