FORUMS: list search recent posts

Plug-in suggestion

COW Forums : CoreMelt Plug-ins

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Gill
Plug-in suggestion
on Sep 7, 2009 at 3:59:06 pm

Many of the CoreMelt plugins have the ability to add masks/frames/reflections and other visual niceties to media. It seems to me that this capability would be useful in itself. i.e. a standalone plugin that applies some of these treatments to a selected media clip.

Dan

Return to posts index

Roger Bolton
Re: Plug-in suggestion
on Sep 10, 2009 at 12:12:41 pm

hi daniel

you just want a plugin which adds a mask or frame or reflection but doesn't actually modify the image is that correct?

Roger
CoreMelt

Return to posts index

Daniel Gill
on Sep 10, 2009 at 10:39:26 pm

Yes. Pretty much.

I know that I can do all the masking/framing/gradients/etc myself in Motion or FCP, but it takes a bit of work. I like the coremelt "pick a frame/mask/whatever" so I can try different looks on the fly.

Dan

Return to posts index

Roger Bolton
on Oct 26, 2009 at 2:42:08 pm

Hi, check out V2 2.3 release, we just added "advanced reflection" which does smooth glass, rough glass or water reflectiions and "mask and frame" which lets you use the imageflow masks and frames on any layer in FCP.

These are both part of the Gadget plugin set now and there's another 3 free plugins as well, Plasma Ribbon, Shaded Background and Strobe Transition.

Return to posts index

Daniel Gill
on Oct 26, 2009 at 6:17:55 pm

Thanks Roger,

I think these will be very handy, and the plasma ribbon looks very useful. I think I will be using this a lot.

One small nit: The advanced reflection - the falloff uses black to mask the bottom part of the reflection. This looks great when you have a black background. Not so good when the background is a different color. Any chance that fall-off could affect transparency, rather than color?

Thanks for these great additions!

Return to posts index

Roger Bolton
on Oct 26, 2009 at 11:53:23 pm

I'll take a look at the transparency of the reflection, thanks for the feedback.

Return to posts index

Tim Ash
on Mar 10, 2010 at 7:01:18 am

I am playing around with the Plasma Ribbon plug-in for the first time and one thing I think would be very valuable with it is the ability to set "start positions" and "End Positions". Love the effect thought.

Trace Elements Media

IntelMac 8 core 3.0GHz, 14GB RAM, 6TB Enhance 8 bay RAID
Blackmagic Multibridge Pro HD
Sony 19" HD-CRT line monitor & JVC 19" SDI Line Monitor
2 x Dell 30" LCD, 50" PanasonicVIERA, , OSX Snow Leopard
Final Cut Suite + CS4 Master Collection

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]