FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lock and Load misbehaving

COW Forums : CoreMelt Plug-ins

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Christie
Lock and Load misbehaving
on Apr 25, 2010 at 12:29:34 am

Just bought Lock and Load, but it's not behaving nicely

I'm editing on a 3.06 GHZ iMac, 10.5.8 with 6GB of RAM, editing in FCP 7.0.2.

My source and timeline is 720P 24fps Pro Res.

I add the filter and then select "Track Motion", things seem to happen for a second or two and then it hangs on a progress bar that says "exporting XML 99% complete". Sometimes this finishes and sometimes FCP just crashes. If it does complete, FCP will crash when I try and render the filter.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

John Christie

Return to posts index

Eberhard Ammelt
Re: Lock and Load misbehaving
on Apr 25, 2010 at 4:25:23 pm

Hello, can you please send crash logs? Do you have a complex project, what's the file size?
For now I suggest to use "Lock & Load Frames" because it avoids the xml export procedure.

Regards, Eberhard

Return to posts index

Scott Wolfson
on Aug 13, 2010 at 8:51:19 pm

I am having the same problem, been trying to apply Lock and Load plugin to a variety of clips on my timeline (which is a multiclip timeline, but just applying the plugin to one camera angle not all of them. FCP must have crashed 50 times on me within the past few hours or so. I tried trashing my FCP plit, the FCP User Data folder (as I saw suggested in another thread). I also uninstalled and reinstalled Locked and Loaded. I also get the message waiting export XML 99% and 0% and with the latter I need to force quit FCP b/c it just gets stuck.

I like this plugin, think it's great...if I could get it to work without FCP crashing everytime. I am literally sitting at my computer for the last 4-5 hours and cannot get my project done b/c FCP keeps crashing everytime I use Lock and Loaded.

I have a powerful Mac Pro, 10 gigs of RAM, external RAID5 Tower with 10TB of space, an 8800 GeForce 512mb Graphics Card.

Any help from Core Melt on how to solve this issue would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Scott Wolfson

Return to posts index

Scott Wolfson
on Aug 13, 2010 at 9:09:01 pm

I also have tried using the Lock and Load Frames instead of Lock and Load and that did not work at all! All I saw was my video with frames flashing like crazy!

Return to posts index

Eberhard Ammelt
on Aug 14, 2010 at 2:43:35 pm

Did Lock & Load show any error message?
If you had digital cinema display on, could you please switch it off during motion tracking?
Also, please make sure the canvas size is set to 100% during motion tracking.
If the problem persists, could you please check the log file for FCP related error messages printed during motion tracking. You can find them in the Console app. Can you please send these error messages?

Regards, Eberhard

Return to posts index

Eberhard Ammelt
on Aug 14, 2010 at 2:36:25 pm

Hello, do the crashes occur when you try to track motion before there is any progress in the motion tracking procedure?
If the xml export at the beginning of motion tracking takes much time, your FCP project is probably quite complex. Can you tell what's the project's file size?
In such a case we recommend to use Lock & Load Frames instead.
Could you please send crash logs anyway?

Regards, Eberhard

Return to posts index

Scott Wolfson
on Aug 14, 2010 at 3:06:11 pm

The crashes occur after I click the track motion button. It happens with both the Lock and Load and Lock and Load Frames plugins. If I get the message Exporting XML 99% I'm usually okay but when it says 0% as the status the screen stays frozen and I have to force quit. But most of the time FCP crashes on me when applying these two plugins.

The project I'm working on is a multiclip sequence (Pro Res 422 1080p 30p and the project file size has grown to 225mb! I'm only applying the Lock and Load plugin to one of the camera angles, maybe a total of 5 min worth in a 30 min timeline. There are four video tracks (the multiclip is on track 4 abd the three camera angles are on 1,2 and 3.

I sent one of the crash logs and several emails to the coremelt support email and Roger said he would investigate the issues.

I literally spent 10+ hrs yesterday working between all the fcp crashes! Ironically this plugin was supposed to save me time! Now despite all the headaches and countless hours of dealing with crashes I finally finished the timeline and the clips that were corrected look great! If only I can get Lock abd Load to work without crashing FCP!

I am editing on a Mac Pro, 10 gigs of RAM 8 Core, using a 10TB RAID 5 configuration.

Return to posts index

Eberhard Ammelt
on Aug 15, 2010 at 8:27:03 am

With such a big project file you better use Lock & Load X anyway.
You mean you even cannot use Lock & Load X in a one clip project?
You can also send your crash logs directly to me: eberhard (at) coremelt.com.

The Console app is in the utility apps folder. After launching please choose "All Messages" from the left table. You should see then several FCP related messaged on the right. Can you please send these messages?

Lock & Load Frames is a rather demanding plugin as it reads many frames from FCP's timeline during motion analysis. When FCP runs out of memory during this procedure, problems can occur. This is one possible reason for crashes, but let's see the log.

Regards, Eberhard

Return to posts index

paul kelleher
on Jun 28, 2011 at 6:04:54 pm

I'm using L and L frames cuz I had the 99% xml problem, current file size is about 60mb. My problem is the filter will not "stay". I apply the filter, track motion in the viewer, ( sometimes track motion "Button" is not there, but with futzing, it tracks. But then if I click to the video tab in the viewer and back to the filters tab, the video will say "clip properties changed and in filters "no tracking data" I tarck again and it happens again. The thing wont STAY tracked.

I do have dual screens but cant find any info on that. This is a feature that is being output NOW. Can anyone help?

Thanks

paul

Paul

Return to posts index

Scott Wolfson
on Aug 15, 2010 at 2:06:19 am

Hi Eberhard,

Now I cannot even get Lock and Load to work on a single clip. I was able to get it working yesterday for a clip here and there before FCP would either crash or stay at the "Exporting XML Data...Preparing Video for Display at 0%" forever until I force quit FCP manually. I have tried everything, as I stated earlier, to trashing FCP plist, Final Cut User Data Folder, I uninstalled then reinstalled Lock and Load, tried using the Lock and Load Frames and that too has been problematic.

I just don't get it? You mentioned to check the Console Apps? Where specifically do I look for this? This is just plain crazy! How can a plugin crash FCP so many times? Is there an update coming out that may address these bugs/issues? I was skeptical about buying this plugin at first b/c the plugin Image Flow FX I bought several years ago from CoreMelt never worked properly on either my G5 or Mac Pro. But the great reviews I read sold me on this plugin. And the funny thing is the clips that Lock and Load did fix, look great! But at the cost of hours and hours of restarting FCP after infinite crashes!

I would really like some direction as to what I can do to get this plugin working the way it should be working.

Thanks,

Scott

Return to posts index

Grant Gee
on Sep 21, 2010 at 1:36:50 pm

Scott

I'm having exactly the same issues. Did you manage to find a solution in the past month?

Regards

Grant

Return to posts index

Scott Wolfson
on Sep 21, 2010 at 3:35:53 pm

Hi Grant,

Yes I did find a workaround. My project file ballooned to more than 250mb in size. I first closed all open sequences, deleted sequences I no longer needed. This helped reduce the overall project file size, which was the major cause of FCP crashing like crazy.

I opened a new project and cut and pasted specific clips that needed to be fixed and rendered. Because I started a new project, the file size was small and not an issue at all when I applied Lock and Load. For the clips where I got a "flash frame" I just match framed the timecode and replaced that flash frame clip with a new one. I still don't understand why I got flash frames to begin with, but I was able to use this workaround.

Despite the pains I went through editing, this plugin is in my opinion great and essential to every editor. We all have to, at one time or another have to fix some poorly shot shakey footage and CMOS artifacts.

Just approach this piecemeal by starting a new project and cut and paste the footage you need to correct. Also save your project as often as you can.

Let me know if this helps!

Scott

Return to posts index

Nik Kuo
on Oct 15, 2010 at 5:56:44 am

Hey all,

Just wanted to add to this conversation. I am working on a 20 minute project, and recently purchased lock and load. I ran into the same problem when beginning motion tracking on clips... XML export bar stuck at 99% for about 3 minutes... then finally the motion track begins.

Sure enough, it appears that the timeline is so complex, that's why the XML export is taking forever.

I took about 20 clips of varying lengths that needed stabilizing, copy pasted into a new project timeline, and voila, no more XML export bar.

Hope that helps.

Return to posts index

Philip Johns
on Nov 2, 2010 at 11:54:51 am

I dunno Nik - I'm on a pretty simple timeline - only runs for 1.5 minutes, single layer video, and it's doing the same thing to me. Really disappointing. I haven't purchased the plugin yet, only using the demo, but this does need to be sorted. Considering the first post on this problem dates back to April I thought that they would have fixed this by now. Fix it and you've got another sale guys!!!

Philip Johns

Return to posts index

Eberhard Ammelt
on Nov 2, 2010 at 12:49:09 pm

The xml conversion is performed by FCP and is beyond the scope of Lock & Load X. If a problem occurs during xml conversion, we cannot fix it on our end. In these cases we recommend to use Lock & Load Frames instead.

Eberhard

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]