FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem with L&L

COW Forums : CoreMelt Plug-ins

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ross Schnioffsky
Problem with L&L
on Apr 22, 2010 at 12:26:56 am

I have had a play with the demo and believe the L&L may fix some major problems. But after seeing some satisfying results yesterday I can't seem to get to first base today. I seem to be experiencing similar problems to Jon Perry from a few months along. He wrote

“I downloaded the trial version of Lock and Load to try it on some very shaky handheld video. I loaded the video into the timeline, hit the Track Motion button, and got the following message: "Couldn't start Motion Tracking Please bring the related sequence to the front, move the time slider over the clip, and make sure Lock & Load is enabled." All these things have been done. What am I doing wrong here?”

you responded:

1. Move the clip to analyze to the timeline.
2. Make sure it is selected in the time line.
3. Make sure the time indicator is in the clip.
4. Make sure that the clip is showing in both the view and canvass windows.
5. Apply the filter.
6. Then press "track motion"

I am not sure what you mean when you say “move the time slider over the clip” and “make sure the time indicator is in the clip” Does this apply to FCE?

All I seem get is the message “ No Tracking Data” superimposed over the viewer and canvas screens.

Stats: FCE 4.0.1 running on Mac Book, 2.16 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

Return to posts index

Iain Anderson
Re: Problem with L&L
on Apr 22, 2010 at 12:53:36 am

The "time indicator" is the playhead. With your clip in a sequence in the timeline, click in the timeline ruler somewhere above your clip. Then, double-click the sequence clip to load it into the viewer, choose the Filters tab and press "Track Motion".

All this applies to the Lock and Load Frames filter. Alternatively, you can use Lock and Load X, which works in a different way and doesn't require these extra steps.

Return to posts index

Ross Schnioffsky
on Apr 22, 2010 at 2:04:45 am

Thanks for that.

From your help got the filter to work. Seems that one of the problems was that I had the filter opened twice hence problem with unexplained (extra!) superimposed message.

For me the workflow seems to be slightly different to your suggestion:

"With your clip in a sequence in the timeline, click in the timeline ruler somewhere above your clip. Then, double-click the sequence clip to load it into the viewer, (Then I had to DRAG L&L FILTER FROM BROWSER INTO VIEWER) and press "Track Motion"."

The software is excellent now I have to find the money to buy it, which I will!

Don't think I can use L&L X as I'm a FCE user.

I am very grateful, thank you.

Return to posts index

Roger Bolton
on Apr 22, 2010 at 2:31:06 am

the procedure is a little different in Final Cut Express and Lock & Load X is not available.

for FCE, do the following to make sure Lock & Load has access to the right clip:

1. double click the movie in the bin, this loads it into the viewer window
2. set in and out point
3. drag the clip from viewer to the timeline
4. double click the track in the timeline, this loads the controls for the timeline track into the viewer window
5. apply lock and load frames
6. press the "track motion" button

If you don't double click the track in the timeline, lock & load is not being applied on the clip in timeline, I think thats what you miss?

-
CoreMelt V2 plugins

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]