DriveX Track Shape Outline Issue

COW Forums : CoreMelt Plug-ins

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Abourezk
DriveX Track Shape Outline Issue
on Mar 18, 2017 at 5:35:03 pm

Hi all,

See the enclosed image.

I'm shooting some aerial video for a commercial realtor and am outlining the boundaries of their property for 11 separate videos.

In the first three videos, the "Track Outline Shape" worked perfectly. Now I can't get it to work properly at all.

As soon as I drop the plugin onto the clip, I notice that the handles outline is separate from the lines (as shown in the image). I will click the "Create Polygon Shape" tool, and everything operates normally, until the track. The final tracked shape is offset AND rotated by several degrees from the drawn lines.

I also notice in the inspector that the "Position Offset" is set to "0", but if I click the dropdown triangle, it always shows X and Y coordinates as 0.5. If I set them to 0 then the global Position offset goes to X= -0.89 and Y= -0.5 In either case, the drawn lines and the tracked lines never align, and the tracked lines are rotated.

Any thoughts? This is not a problem with the footage, or with a tracked element leaving the frame.
As soon as I drop the plug-in onto the clip, I can see there is a problem (as shown in the screen grab)
Matt

Talkingbox Digital Media Group, LLC
http://www.talkingboxdmg.com
(203) 249-7718

Return to posts index

Matthew Abourezk
Re: DriveX Track Shape Outline Issue
on Mar 18, 2017 at 5:45:46 pm
Last Edited By Matthew Abourezk on Mar 18, 2017 at 5:48:16 pm

OK, I accidentally found the reason for the problem, but I'm not sure what to do.

The reason the problem occurs is because (Prior to dropping the plug-in onto the clip) I have rotated, scaled, and adjusted the X&Y coordinates on the footage itself using the FCPX Transform controls.

I guess the plug-in is negatively affected by any Transform controls placed on the clip.

It seems to me that the plug-in should not be affected by the Transform controls since I am drawing a polygon from scratch before I hit the track button.

Any thoughts?
Matt

Talkingbox Digital Media Group, LLC
http://www.talkingboxdmg.com
(203) 249-7718

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]