FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to handle an obstruction in the path of the tracked object?

COW Forums : CoreMelt Plug-ins

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jan Orrghen
How to handle an obstruction in the path of the tracked object?
on Oct 26, 2016 at 8:39:16 pm

Hi, I'm new to fcpx and these plug-ins, still using the trial versions.

I have attached titles to a wall, camera is moving towards it, all of a sudden, an object appears and moves in front of the point on the wall which "Simple Tracker" is locked on.

My aim is to let the moving object hide the titles on the wall by using SliceX, giving the illusion that the titles are behind that object, but when the object (irregular) starts to block the fixed point the tracking (naturally) starts to track haphazardly which makes the titles jump as soon as the object approaches it, destroying the illusion of the titles being attached to the wall.

How should I solve this? Must I manually keyframe it?

Yours in filmmaking :-)

Return to posts index

Eberhard Ammelt
Re: How to handle an obstruction in the path of the tracked object?
on Oct 27, 2016 at 8:50:12 am

Hello,

to handle this problem you can try to partially track the wall from both directions on the timeline until the track gets bad.
It might help to adjust the track shape then and try tracking again.
Then, if necessary, you can edit your track manually: When you click on the green dot in the tracking controller on the left, a context menu opens where you can delete bad track data. The deleted track data will be interpolated then which might give already good results. If the track quality is not yet sufficient, you can still manually keyframe.

You may also find some good hints in our SliceX tutorials here: https://vimeo.com/channels/coremeltslicex

Regards, Eberhard

Return to posts index

Jan Orrghen
Re: How to handle an obstruction in the path of the tracked object?
on Oct 27, 2016 at 11:41:45 am

Thanks a lot Eberhard, I have however noticed that manually keyframing it is really difficult, especially with my poor 256MB VRAM, but, hey, who said no effort was needed?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]