FORUMS: list search recent posts

Few questions on Track X and Drive X

COW Forums : CoreMelt Plug-ins

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Phil Parkinson
Few questions on Track X and Drive X
on Oct 6, 2016 at 5:20:26 pm

Hi Guys,

New Track X and Drive X user and I have a few questions. Would really appreciate the help.

1) When I track, my text appears to be incredibly jittery. Is there any way I can avoid this?

2) Whenever the thing I'm tracking leave the frame, my tracking data goes wild.. It stutters and jumps and tries to pull the image back into frame. How do you track something and let it just naturally track off the screen?

Thanks,
x

Return to posts index

Eberhard Ammelt
Re: Few questions on Track X and Drive X
on Oct 7, 2016 at 10:58:59 am

Hello,

ad 1: This might be caused by wrong field order settings. Please check if the field order of the clip is set correctly, and then try tracking again.
If this doesn't help, please check if the frame rate of the clip and the project match. If they don't match, I suggest to test this same clip in a new frame rate matched project and see if this solves the issue.

ad 2: You can probably not completely avoid this issue as tracking quality may get worse when the object leaves the frame. If this happens, you can fix this in the following way: Move the playhead to the frame where tracking is still ok, then click on the track data indicator (green dot) in the tracker controller panel and choose either "Delete Track Data Forward" or "... Backward" (depends on the tracking direction) from the context menu.
This deletes wrong tracking data. Finally you can animate the shape manually where tracking was bad to get a smooth transition across the image border.

Eberhard

Return to posts index

Phil Parkinson
on Oct 7, 2016 at 4:45:49 pm

Thanks Eberhard.... Can you please give a little more info on "check if the field order is correct" - What does that refer to?

Return to posts index

Eberhard Ammelt
on Oct 10, 2016 at 5:55:36 pm

This means that the field dominance settings in FCP X's clip inspector should match the actual field order of the video.
E.g. if FCP X considers a clip falsely as interlaced whereas the clip is actually progressive, this may cause jittering of the output in TrackX and DriveX as well.

Regards, Eberhard

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]