FORUMS: list search recent posts

TrackX tracking bouncing all over the screen!

COW Forums : CoreMelt Plug-ins

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick Watson
TrackX tracking bouncing all over the screen!
on Apr 29, 2016 at 4:11:24 pm

Running a trial version of TrackX to see if it's gonna do what I want....I follow the instructions to do a simple text track, and when it tracks, the shape changes wildly, it spins around upside down, moves around the screen....I've checked everywhere I can think of but nobody else is reporting anything like this. I'm just tracking a bit of text on a white background but I also tried it with no text at all....just the shape, and it does the same thing.

The movement isn't the same every time I try it, and it IS the same no matter what footage I use.

Any ideas? I have a project that I really would like to use this on but if I can't get this to work I won't be buying it.

I'm running FCPX 10.1.4. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

patrick

Return to posts index

Eberhard Ammelt
Re: TrackX tracking bouncing all over the screen!
on Apr 29, 2016 at 5:33:15 pm

Hello,

please try to optimize the video and try tracking again. If this doesn't help, please provide us a screen record (e.g. upload to dropbox) and send the link to eberhard (at) coremelt.com
Can you also try with FCP X 10.2.x ?

Eberhard

Return to posts index

Patrick Watson
on Apr 29, 2016 at 6:11:53 pm

Hi Eberhard,

Thanks for the quick reply. I've optimized the media again, and it's still doing the same thing. I can't upgrade or try on a later version right now. Here's the link to the .mov file showing what it does:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yfrs4my8mko1rr3/TrackX%20test.mov?dl=0

Please let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks!

patrick

Return to posts index

Eberhard Ammelt
on May 3, 2016 at 2:55:26 pm

Hello Patrick,

sorry for the delay. You cannot track a homogenous surface without any structure or texture inside the tracking shape.
For your demo video I suggest to try a rectangular tracking shape that slightly extends beyond the bounds of the plate so the tracker can "see" the edges.

Eberhard

Return to posts index

Patrick Watson
on May 5, 2016 at 2:40:23 am

Hi Eberhard,

Strange, I replied to this via email just after you sent it. I thought it would appear here. Your suggestion came about the same time as the one from Coremelt, and it was exactly the problem. I've been able to get perfect tracks on anything I want, as long as I give it something TO track besides a solid color.

Thank you SO much for the suggestions! My client loved the extra bit this adds to their production, and I'll be getting this package ASAP.

pat

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]