FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tracking works BUT inserted clips are playing at double speed.

COW Forums : CoreMelt Plug-ins

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Villeneuve
Tracking works BUT inserted clips are playing at double speed.
on Sep 19, 2015 at 11:00:04 pm

I am tracking a very simple panning shot of picture frames on a gallery wall. I want to replace the picture in one of the frames with a piece of video. I have a piece of Optimized Pro Res video that is the exact length of the shot I'm tracking. The track has worked perfectly and I've inserted/applied the clip. But when I render and play my work, the video inside of the frame plays at double speed (this means the video inside the frame plays at twice the speed while the main shot is still playing at it's proper speed. So it looks like I've inserted a fast forwarding video into the picture frame. It is a complete and total pain in the ass even though I've emulated what I've seen in the tutorial videos.
Another bug/user error (not sure): when I try this same technique with a long piece of video, and I select an in and out point, it doesn't translate to the selection I made. It always plays from the first frame of the video. And it still plays in double speed.

I really want this stuff to work right. I like the plugin a lot. These bugs have been a problem for me since I purchased it.

I'm running FCPX 10.2.1 - OS X 10.10.3 - Mac Pro Late 2013 with 32 gigs of ram and AMD FirePro D700 GPUs.

James

Return to posts index

Eberhard Ammelt
Re: Tracking works BUT inserted clips are playing at double speed.
on Sep 21, 2015 at 8:08:15 am

Hello,

please download and install the latest version of TrackX. This may fix the problem with wrong play speed. If this doesn't help, does the problem occur with other clips as well or if you try this with the same clip in a new project?
The other problem regarding in/out points of the inserted clip is a limitation of FCP X, but there's a workaround: Make a compound clip of the clip you want to insert. Inside the compound clip adjust in/out points of the clip, then insert the compound clip into TrackX.
This might also fix the problem with wrong play speed.

Eberhard

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]