FORUMS: list search recent posts

The track is getting too long!

COW Forums : CoreMelt Plug-ins

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joachim Theussl
The track is getting too long!
on Jun 23, 2015 at 5:30:07 am

Hello,

i tried to Track and LockDown a video from an lecture session. but trackx come with this error message:

The track is getting too long, please cut the clip at this time and continue on the next segment with a new TrackX instance.

the track is abaut 30 minutes, but when I cut it to 5 sec, the same message pop up!

Return to posts index

Eberhard Ammelt
Re: The track is getting too long!
on Jun 23, 2015 at 12:13:23 pm

Hello,

the problem is that a TrackX instance can only store tracking data up to a certain number of samples.
If you cut an effect instance, both parts keep all track samples. That's why you run into this limitation again, when you try to track again.
The solution is to delete all tracking data before you track again with the shortened instance. You can do this by clicking on the track status indicator (left button) in the tracking controller. Then a context menu pops up, where you can select "Delete All Track Data".

Eberhard

Return to posts index

Chris Horn
on Jan 17, 2016 at 11:39:32 am

I am using SliceX and have encountered the same issue.

New project started
1 minute clip added to project timeline.
No other edits or transforms made.
Apply SliceX Blur Shape Mask.
Create a 4 point polygon shape mask.
Track forward.
Error occurs immediately as described above.
All tracking data cleared.
Track forward.
Error reoccurs as described above.

Clip reduced to 5 seconds.
No other edits or transforms made.
Apply SliceX Blur Shape Mask.
Create a 4 point polygon shape mask.
Track forward.
Error occurs immediately as described above.
All tracking data cleared.
Track forward.
Error reoccurs as described above.

This error is reproducible with any of the SliceX and TrackX effects, essentially rendering them unusable.

Any help appreciated.

Return to posts index

Chris Horn
on Jan 17, 2016 at 1:59:38 pm

So, without going into too much detail it seems the limitation is not the length of the clip, but the compression. My source was a multicam edit from GoPro4's and hence the size was large ~24GB. My method, for good or for ill, is not to compress until performance becomes an issue, or until final render. I am wondering if SliceX just can't handle the size of the video, even when I am operating on a 5 second clip within that file?

This being said, I may be off target. This was working on an older Macbook Pro, only on a new Macbook Pro with a new installation of FCPX and SliceX is it bombing.

Return to posts index

Eberhard Ammelt
on Jan 18, 2016 at 9:56:50 am

Hello,

the video file size doesn't matter directly, but the total number of video samples in the original (untrimmed) video does. The limit is 250000 video samples approximately. If your original video is longer, you don't need to recompress the video, instead you can e.g. extract the needed range of the video and track this shorter video.

Eberhard

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]