FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tracking problem when trying to keyframe need your assistance

COW Forums : CoreMelt Plug-ins

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
david fuku
Tracking problem when trying to keyframe need your assistance
on Apr 29, 2015 at 11:47:22 pm

Hi group, I've emailed Roger but he might be busy. I've had very limited success using slicex/trackx in the year I've owned it. I suppose that's due to the extremely small areas of a person I am trying to repair for the most part. However, this one section bothers me to no end and I don't understand what is happening.

1. I'm trying to retouch a blemish on a corporate video interview. I chose object remover and selected a larger are let the keyframing go and started over and made the selection smaller. When I try to re-run, stop and go back the selection always turns into a long line and when I try to fix the points it exaggerates the shape which results in starting over. It's very frustrating as I expect it to be similar to the demos and photoshop paths.

If someone can offer help I would appreciate it. Thanks Dave

Return to posts index

Iain Anderson
Re: Tracking problem when trying to keyframe need your assistance
on Apr 30, 2015 at 4:33:47 am

Mocha works by tracking texture. The trick to a successful track is being able to select a textured plane which stays together throughout a shot. As you suspected, selecting a very small area can be problematic, and selecting an area that's too large can also cause problems — parts of the track can become stuck and stretched out. Without seeing the clip, I can suggest trying a medium-sized area, or perhaps if there's something of texture that moves in the same plane as the item you want to remove, you could track that, then offset the region after tracking.

Hope that helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]