FORUMS: list search recent posts

TrackX trial version on FCPX - trouble tracking

COW Forums : CoreMelt Plug-ins

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Boyer
TrackX trial version on FCPX - trouble tracking
on Feb 11, 2015 at 8:01:23 am

I have been struggling all night with the trial version of CoreMelt's TrackX Tracker feature. I'm trying to use it to do a screen replacement.

Basically, I have an actor holding up an unobstructed iPad. The screen has some reflections on it (his face) as well as four green dots (one in each corner) that I thought would help with tracking.

I've used the bezier feature to draw a rough rectangle between my green dots. When I press the track buttons, I don't see it scrubbing through my clip a little at a time like I've seen in the tutorials. Instead, the playhead jumps away from the clip and I'm no longer able to view the clip I'm trying to track even though when I start this process I always have the playhead right at the beginning of the clip and the clip selected. In addition, the line that shows where my selector is in the timeline jumps around like crazy!

Worst of all, tracking doesn't seem to actually occur. Or, if it is occurring, it's doing a poor job.

I've tried tracking with background rendering turned off and with it turned on. No noticeable difference.

I've also checked the specs on my MacPro and Final Cut versions to make sure they are up to the requirements for TrackX. They are (versions 10.9.5 and 10.1.3 respectively).

Has anybody else run into this issue with the free version. I'd like to buy the paid version, if the trial version can prove its worth, but right now it isn't behaving as advertised at all.

Return to posts index

Roger Bolton
Re: TrackX trial version on FCPX - trouble tracking
on Feb 11, 2015 at 9:39:30 am

You should see the tracker step through the clip as in the tutorial, if that doesn't occur then something is going wrong.

Can you please try copying the clip to a new project and tracking again? What codec is the clip you are trying to track? could you please email us at support at coremelt dot com and send us the clip you are trying to track?

-
Freelance: Flame - Smoke - Resolve - Nuke - VFX Supervision
Owner / Director: CoreMelt Plugins

Return to posts index

Paul Boyer
on Feb 27, 2015 at 2:13:13 am

Roger,

Thank you so much for your response. I will send the clip to the suggested email. Sorry for being MIA after starting this thread. Your response got siphoned off into my spam folder by accident and I missed it until now. Stay tuned.

Return to posts index

Paul Boyer
on Feb 27, 2015 at 6:49:57 pm

Roger,

Thank you so much for your response. I will communicate with the suggested email. Stay tuned. Sorry for being MIA after starting this thread. Your response got filtered out in my spam.

As far as codecs go, I'm using H.264, Linear PCM.

Unfortunately, my free trial expired. If the CoreMelt is willing to allow an additional free trial, I would be happy to continue trying to get the technology to work for me as advertised.

Best,

Paul

Return to posts index

Roger Bolton
on Feb 28, 2015 at 3:44:24 am

Hi paul, please contact us via email as we have given then we can help you.

-
Freelance: Flame - Smoke - Resolve - Nuke - VFX Supervision
Owner / Director: CoreMelt Plugins

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]