FORUMS: list search recent posts

Moving Vertical Split Screen After Updating CoreMelt Lock and Load in FCPx?

COW Forums : CoreMelt Plug-ins

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex McCulloch
Moving Vertical Split Screen After Updating CoreMelt Lock and Load in FCPx?
on Dec 11, 2014 at 4:28:13 pm

I just updated my version of CoreMelt Lock and Load so I could take advantage of the Go Pro Coefficient setting. Whenever I use the new Lock and Load I get 1 or more vertical divisions splitting my screen. I have the Go Pro settings correct too, Silver, NTSC, and Wide. How can I fix this? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Eberhard Ammelt
Re: Moving Vertical Split Screen After Updating CoreMelt Lock and Load in FCPx?
on Dec 11, 2014 at 6:20:23 pm

Hello, is this division fix, or does it move?
Can you please send a screenshot of this problem to me at: eberhard (at) coremelt.com

Eberhard

Return to posts index

Alex McCulloch
on Dec 11, 2014 at 6:45:59 pm

It moves and sometimes there are multiple divisions. It goes away in Lockdown mode, but then I loose the stabilization.

Screen shot:

Return to posts index

Eberhard Ammelt
on Dec 11, 2014 at 8:30:26 pm

What hardware do you have, i.e. which computer model and graphics card?
As a test, does the problem disappear when you set "overall strength" to 0?
Can you please check the system log for error messages from FCP X when the problem appears?

Eberhard

Return to posts index

Alex McCulloch
on Dec 12, 2014 at 12:07:06 am

My hardware is a mid-2009 Macbook Pro upgraded with 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Ram and a NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB graphics card. It's running OS X 10.9.5 (13F34). FCPx is 10.1.3.

If I reduce the overall strength to .2 the vertical lines go away, but the lens correction is very apparent. I did not select Lens Undistort and do not want lens correction. Just rolling shutter reduction and stabilization. Also, if I unselect Go Pro and go back to the custom coefficient (which is defaulted to .4) it still does it.

I looked through my logs and don't see any system log errors, but I'm not sure I'm looking in the right place. Thanks for helping me with this...

Return to posts index

Eberhard Ammelt
on Dec 12, 2014 at 9:22:09 am

If you stabilize and shutter reduce a video which was taken with a fish eye lens, it's generally recommended to also apply lens correction. Otherwise it's not possible to stabilize the video correctly, and there will remain some wobbling.

Regarding the split screen problem it's probably related to your graphics card 9400M. Does your MBP have a second graphics card? If so, please try the other one.

Here is a discussion about this problem: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/1758439?start=30&tstart=0
You could try what other have suggested there.

If that doesn't work for you and you don't apply lens correction, I could send you an earlier version of Lock & Load, which uses a different graphics technology, which your 9400M should handle correctly.

Eberhard

Return to posts index

Alex McCulloch
on Dec 13, 2014 at 1:55:52 am

I only have the one graphics card. The previous version of CoreMelt (I downloaded in it June 2013) worked fine. Could you just send me that one again? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Eberhard Ammelt
on Dec 13, 2014 at 9:29:31 am

You can download a previous version from here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tic4rzddab8h5mr/Lock%20%26%20Load%20FCP%20X.fxplu...

After unzipping copy the plugin to /Library/Plug-Ins/FxPlug and replace the current version. Then restart FCP X. As this is not from the official installer, you may need to adjust your security settings and allow all applications. Otherwise the tracker might not work.

Eberhard

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]