FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lock&Load Hide Overlay

COW Forums : CoreMelt Plug-ins

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Bürge
Lock&Load Hide Overlay
on Oct 4, 2014 at 3:14:44 pm

I'm using Lock&Load ROI in FCPX and I need to animate the tracking are.

Is there a way to get rid of the "No Tracking Data - Please click on "Track Motion" to start motion tracking"-overlay?
It sits above the video and the tracking area rectangle, which makes it hard to see anything.

Further, I noticed tracking takes a lot longer with ROI compared to the non-advanced stabilizer. I was assuming the only difference is the tracking area, in which case ROI taking so much longer wouldn't make much sense. Are there other differences?

Return to posts index

Eberhard Ammelt
Re: Lock&Load Hide Overlay
on Oct 4, 2014 at 5:39:06 pm

Hello,
you can't hide the "No tracking data" message directly, but you can track once, then adjust the roi, and track again. When you adjust the roi, you should set "Overall Strength" to 0 to see the original video. (The roi refers to the original video without stabilization.)
There's a technical issue that slows down roi tracking. I hope we can overcome this in a future update.

Regards, Eberhard

Return to posts index

Michael Bürge
on Oct 4, 2014 at 8:51:13 pm

The time estimate I get for tracking a 10min clip is ~13000s, or ~ 3.5h. This is on a latest high end MBP. I processed other clips of similar length with simple tracking. Tracking time was about the same as the video duration.
Tracking just to get rid of the overlay therefore is not practical. ROI tracking time seems about an order of magnitude slower compared to simple tracking.
I hope you can resolve the technical issue mentioned soon. Maybe you could ensure this ends up in some issue tracking system. How regularly do you typically release updates?

Regards, Michael

Return to posts index

Eberhard Ammelt
on Oct 6, 2014 at 7:49:35 am

This is much too slow. What is the OS version of your computer? I'll try to fix this and send you a preliminary update.

Eberhard

Return to posts index

Michael Bürge
on Oct 6, 2014 at 9:55:34 am

Thanks for looking into this.
I'm using Mavericks (OS X 10.9.5) with the lastest versions of FCPX (10.1.3) and the Lock & Load plugin.
Let me know if you need any additional info.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]