FORUMS: list search recent posts

TrackX Track Layer trouble

COW Forums : CoreMelt Plug-ins

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ed McCarthy
TrackX Track Layer trouble
on Sep 17, 2014 at 11:52:48 pm

I'm losing my mind trying to get this to work. I have footage of an actor in front of a green screen holding an iPhone with the screen positioned generally towards camera. It's a quick 2 seconds of a longer shot, but I am trying to use TrackX track layer function as indicated in the tutorials to replace the screen. I have no reflections, and the background is an evenly lit green screen. The track is a mess. Not one frame is accurate, and I have tried every combination of smaller and larger areas to try to track the screen. The replacement calls for a 4:3 video image in portrait mode on the phone, it would be above his fingers:

Return to posts index

Eberhard Ammelt
Re: TrackX Track Layer trouble
on Sep 18, 2014 at 7:15:45 am

Hello, I suspect the iPhone is too small to track. Can you post the video somewhere, then I'll take a closer look.

Regards, Eberhard

Return to posts index

Ed McCarthy
on Sep 18, 2014 at 4:32:22 pm

Thanks for your response. I suspect you're right, but the footage is 4k in a 1080p timeline. Even when I scale in (crop) to the center, doubling the frame size, the problem persists. I have posted the video online and would be grateful if you'd take a look. Is there a way to send you the link without posting it here?

Return to posts index

Ed McCarthy
on Sep 18, 2014 at 4:41:53 pm

To be clear, I'll keep the discussion and the findings in the thread for the benefit of other users. I just don't want to put the client's footage out there on a public forum.

Return to posts index

Eberhard Ammelt
on Sep 18, 2014 at 4:58:55 pm

Ok, please send the link to eberhard (at) coremelt.com

Eberhard

Return to posts index

Eberhard Ammelt
on Sep 18, 2014 at 6:02:57 pm

I've optimized your video, then in the TrackX settings applied "Perspective" as tracking model and set tracking quality to "High".
The tracking shape looks like below. Then I started tracking where the video switches to original resolution.
The resulting track quality is acceptable then.

Eberhard

Return to posts index

Ed McCarthy
on Sep 18, 2014 at 7:13:00 pm

Thanks for taking a look. I was doing all of the things you mentioned except for setting tracking quality to high. I didn't even know such a setting existed. Where can I find it? I'm not seeing inside the generator tab.

Return to posts index

Eberhard Ammelt
on Sep 19, 2014 at 7:42:02 am

There's a button "Tracking Options" in the tracking controller panel, where you can adjust these settings.

Eberhard

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]