FORUMS: list search recent posts

GoPro 3 support - missing coefficient data

COW Forums : CoreMelt Plug-ins

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruce Geddes
GoPro 3 support - missing coefficient data
on Aug 19, 2014 at 12:58:09 am

Hi,

I have downloaded the latest Core Melt Lock and Load plugin. I am trying to use it to stabilise some rolling shutter issues but at the moment when I select the camera as GoPro, Black edition, Pal, Wide angle Protune on it says it can't find the specification files. I understood from the recent announcement a few months ago that they were all supposed to be there now. Any idea how I can resolve this?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Eberhard Ammelt
Re: GoPro 3 support - missing coefficient data
on Aug 19, 2014 at 6:47:12 am

Hello,

what is the exact spatial size and frame rate of your video?

When you choose the GoPro from the camera menu and the click on "Ok" in the following dialog window, can you please check if there's anything written to the system log?

You can see the system log when you open the Console application and then choose "All Messages" from the list on the left. Then search for messages from FCP.

Regards, Eberhard

Return to posts index

Bruce Geddes
on Aug 19, 2014 at 6:59:30 am

Hi,

It is the standard setting for GoPro3 black edition for 2.7k PAL which according to the GoPro files is 2704x1524 @ 25FPS. From the console I get the following single message

18/08/2014 12:19:28.273 gkbisd[186]: Unable to collect cdhash for /Library/Plug-ins/FxPlug/Lock & Load FCP X.fxplug/Contents/Resources/Lock & Load Motion Tracker.app (error code 100024)

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Eberhard Ammelt
on Aug 19, 2014 at 9:39:08 am

Please try Medium as Field of View value. For the 1524 resolution the Black GoPro has only one FOV which is 1.4 (= Medium)
If there's still a problem, you can enter this value manually. The correct coefficient for shutter undistortion is 1.2 for this setting.

Eberhard

Return to posts index

Bruce Geddes
on Sep 1, 2014 at 8:55:48 am

OK, thanks for this - when i set the FOV to medium the error goes away.

Are there any detailed instructions on what each of the sliders do in FCPX for this plugin? I have looked at the tutorials on the CoreMelt website, but there is no detailed explanation for each parameter that I can find anywhere. The reason I ask is that frankly I am getting better results from FCPX's built in stabilisation algorithms and I am sure I should be getting better from Lock and Load and I expect I am just not using its power to its full potential.

Return to posts index

Eberhard Ammelt
on Sep 1, 2014 at 10:14:16 am

When you select Lock & Load in the effects panel and make the overlay visible, there's a help button in the bottom left corner. When you click on it, the documentation opens as pdf.

Regards, Eberhard

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]