FORUMS: list search recent posts

SliceX demo having problems tracking small selection

COW Forums : CoreMelt Plug-ins

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
david fuku
SliceX demo having problems tracking small selection
on Apr 19, 2014 at 5:10:20 pm
Last Edited By david fuku on Apr 19, 2014 at 6:02:20 pm

Hi group, embarrassing but I am working on a short 5 min documentary and the wife is speaking and I need a very small mask to hide a facial blemish. I have to zoom in 600% in the fcpx viewer to make the mask which has 3 points. As soon as I click the right arrow, the trackx loses the face as she turns her head and goes up and down.

I tried going single but I am not understanding the system well. Would I need to right arrow on the clip then click the keyframe (white) on the tool bar each frame?

I just tried this but I don't see the selection moving. The app. is a little frustrating to me I wasn't expecting 6 options and on slice x you need a compound mask... the videos are not clear to me but I'm sure it's me. Help is appreciated, and if you think this app can keep track of something so small.

Hi originally thought I was suppose to use trackx but I think slicex is better however, same issue and a secondary issue is I have a black jpg layer on the timeline with my retouch clip above and slicex inserted into that clip. I spent a while frame by frame but I Don't see any masking meaning a black fill for a while I saw a green but the color in the tool bar is black.

This is super frustrating, the response is very slow as well and when I try to move the shape I'm choosing the center sq. and the app thinks I am trying to change the size, driving me crazy.

Return to posts index

Roger Bolton
Re: SliceX demo having problems tracking small selection
on Apr 20, 2014 at 2:09:16 am

can you please send us a screen shot to show how small is the area to support at coremelt dot com.

The tracker needs texture to track if its too small an area then it won't track, try tracking a larger area and then after tracking make the shape smaller using keyframes.

Roger
CoreMelt

Return to posts index

david fuku
on Apr 20, 2014 at 9:37:34 pm

Hi thank you for replying, the concept I am having an issue with is, do I need to use the trackx first then use slicex or are they different. I believe your demo makes it seem like it's separate and sorry I didn't read all the info on you site, as it clearly states 6 plugins for different situations which is great.

The area in question is very small but I will send to the email you mentioned.... I did test a larger area and it seemed much better but I am not understanding how selecting a larger area will help if I am creating a mask to fit a particular area to retouch. Perhaps I am mistaken in my concept of using your software to retouch my problem.

I realize this is TMI... but the woman has a white hair in her nose and I want to make a black soft mask to conceal it. I love the software concept and the demos (like the silver to pink shoe) is great). I tried retouching in photoshop and that will work but I hate the idea of 30 frames per sec x 1 min of on screen time to retouch.

Return to posts index

Roger Bolton
on Apr 21, 2014 at 1:13:11 am

you need to use the plugin called object remover in slicex in order to clone an area to hide the hair.

You can track a larger area and then once tracking is finished change the mask to match just the small hair, the track data will stay the same.

That is the technique I would recommend in your case.

Return to posts index

david fuku
on Apr 21, 2014 at 2:02:23 am

Hi Roger,

That's the plugin I tried first but I am not understanding, you're saying I should make a large mask first then go back and change the size?

If that works I would be amazed...

Return to posts index

Roger Bolton
on Apr 21, 2014 at 2:05:43 am

Yes thats exactly right. track with a large mask to get accurate tracking, then go back to first frame and make the mask small to cover only the object you want to replace.

-
Freelance: Flame - Smoke - Resolve - Nuke - VFX Supervision
Owner / Director: CoreMelt Plugins

Return to posts index

david fuku
on Apr 21, 2014 at 6:34:23 am

Hi Roger, I'm so embarrassed as your help pdf shows what you were referring to in the first paragraph, I'm trying this now but I have a frame where the track loses the area completely, and I can't figure out how to get the little frame by frame tool window to open, that's one area I wish you could improve, meaning the tool bars are useful but not intuitive to a beginner. on my macbook pro 2.6ghz 16gb ram 1tb SSD Nvidia gt750m graphics card with a raid. I cannot get the tool info palettes to show for 30 sec or so delay each.

If you can tell me this I will test this more tomorrow.

Thanks I want this to work as 150 to help with a task like this is worth it 10 fold.

Return to posts index

Roger Bolton
on Apr 21, 2014 at 6:56:44 am

to get the keyframe controls to open just click the keyframe icon in the toolbar on the left and that turns on key framing. watch the tutorial on key framing here:

Return to posts index

david fuku
on Apr 21, 2014 at 2:46:34 pm

Hi Roger,

I created a mask in slicex, I went through a test clip about 10 sec. the issues I'm having are.
1. I'm letting the larger mask work if I see it miss the selection I stopped it, then went to the frame by frame to go back but when I click it I'm seeing slicex go back about 10 frames or maybe more.
2. I let it run to the end then back to the beginning of the clip, and resized the mask as you mentioned, but on the 2nd frame the mask changed shapes to a long skinny mask shape about 5x longer than my original.
3. I'm not understanding why I can't grasp this plugin. I come from a photoshop background and making masks is no problem but this roto is unlike After Effects. The other thing I noticed is your ? on the interface you have two and they show different instructions which through me off a bit.

I understand this is a user error issue, but some of my issues are unlike the demos by a long way. Thanks again for the help, Dave

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]