FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lock & Load to stabilize on a moving person

COW Forums : CoreMelt Plug-ins

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Gilman
Lock & Load to stabilize on a moving person
on Mar 21, 2014 at 10:35:09 pm

I need some advice on best practice.

I'm working on an event video with a presenter who moves around on the stage. I need to stabilize the horizontal motion of the presenter and let the background slide back and forth as needed. The black space that opens up at either side of the clip as this happens is not a problem for my case.

I've applied Advanced [ROI] to the clip, set the tracking to Inside Rectangle and set the rectangle over the presenter's head. Other settings are:
Stabilize only
Smooth, Single Shot
Overall strength 2.0
Horizontal 2.0
Vertical, Rotation, Zoom all 0
Fixed Scaling set at 100%

The tracking works pretty well for a while but then there is a place where the presenter moves quickly and Lock & Load doesn't keep up. You can think of the motion as sections of moderate motion (which L&L does track) separated by stronger motions (where L&L loses it).

Are there better settings to use? Is there a key framing approach that would allow me to manually put the tracking rectangle back on the subject?

What's the best way to use Lock & Load to automate as much of this stabilization as possible?

Return to posts index

Eberhard Ammelt
Re: Lock & Load to stabilize on a moving person
on Mar 25, 2014 at 8:35:36 am

Your settings look ok for this purpose. You can animate the roi to keep track of the presenter's head.
I suspect you can't completely avoid tracking problems, because Lock & Load was not designed for this kind of application. However, you can try to correct minor problems by animating the clip's spatial transformation.

Regards, Eberhard

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]