FORUMS: list search recent posts

Editing Suite Audio Delay on External Monitor - will BMD Intensity Shuttle fix it?

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Steven DiCasa
Editing Suite Audio Delay on External Monitor - will BMD Intensity Shuttle fix it?
on Sep 11, 2017 at 3:36:30 pm

Hey all,

I am the co-owner of a video production company. We just got a small office and are having clients come in for supervised edits and/or color grading. We have a powerful iMac 27" going out to a external wall-mounted Sony 4K HDTV via a miniDisplay port to 4K HDMI adapter. We have the TV as an external monitor within Premier, so the client can watch.

The external monitor is experiencing a slight audio delay. This is annoying since we edit music videos often and need to see the edits accurately with the music.

I was afraid of this happening. We want to correct the problem with some hardware. I am hoping a BlackMagic Intensity Shuttle will solve this problem. I want this product for other reasons, such as live streaming. So I want to know if the Intensity, specifically, will fix the problem.

I'm happy to hear other suggestions, but I want to know if the Intensity will fix it before exploring other options.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Sincerely,
Steve DiCasa
Rethink Films, Inc.

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: Editing Suite Audio Delay on External Monitor - will BMD Intensity Shuttle fix it?
on Sep 12, 2017 at 7:00:25 am
Last Edited By Chris Wright on Sep 12, 2017 at 7:31:59 am

I don't think it can.
https://www.markertek.com/product/rol-vc-1-dl/roland-vc-1-dl-bi-directional...

Return to posts index

Steven DiCasa
Re: Editing Suite Audio Delay on External Monitor - will BMD Intensity Shuttle fix it?
on Sep 12, 2017 at 4:24:33 pm

Thank you for this suggestion. I wonder if I can rent it from anywhere. Pretty hefty price. Is this what you use? Any thoughts or suggestions would help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]