FORUMS: list search recent posts

My New Edit

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Yogendra Singh
My New Edit
on Jul 31, 2017 at 11:48:07 pm

Hi Guys,
I am a wedding photographer in India, trying my hands on editing wedding films highlights.
I think I am editing good but I do not get appreciations I expect. Here is one of my latest edits. Can you pls take a look and pin point the weaknesses so that I can improve. I would appreciate a lot. Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Greg Ball
Re: My New Edit
on Aug 8, 2017 at 7:47:27 pm

Hi Yogendra, not bad for your first video. Here are some suggestions:

1. You need to use better and larger titles so they can be read easily. Keep titles on screen so the viewer can comfortably read them twice.

2. You should limit the effects, as most of them are not necessary or perceived as professional. I saw some spinning effects, white flashes, etc. If you want something to happen on the beat of the music, try cutting different shots to the music.

3. Lastly you need to color correct your video. Some shots have too much contrast, some are to bright, etc. Color correction can help a great deal with the quality of your video.

4. In the future, you may wish to vary the focal length of shots. Get establishing shots and also close ups to help you convey the emotion of the wedding.

But overall congratulations on your first video!

Greg Ball, President
Ball Media Innovations, Inc.
https://www.ballmediainnovations.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]