FORUMS: list search recent posts

Textless elements for international mastering when there are on screen text messages / heavy graphics

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Parkes
Textless elements for international mastering when there are on screen text messages / heavy graphics
on Jun 12, 2016 at 4:18:45 am

I am post supervising a drama show that I want to have ready for international sales.

As is becoming increasingly common, the show has on screen text messages - like Sherlock or House of Cards.

Has anyone dealt with international remastering of a show like this?

My thought being what should we supply in the textless:
Shots clean of the entire graphic (the graphics animated on so to match them with text they'd have to track the text boxes, a hassle. A version of the background graphic and an alpha channel matte for each txt?

This isn't a big budget / high profile show so and it's for a New Zealand network who don't have a track record of delivering shows for international sale, and neither does the production company. I also imagine their probably aren't established guidelines for graphics heavy shows and it's sort of a case by case basis - just wondering if there is any informal standards / appreciated workflows in cases where translation of on screen text is important to the plot of the show?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]