FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wide shot of a song recording and a few pictures - how can I make a compelling video?

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Boe Beito
Wide shot of a song recording and a few pictures - how can I make a compelling video?
on Apr 22, 2016 at 2:38:43 pm

Hi folks,

This board has been extremely helpful to me over the years and I am in your debt.

I agreed to film a music recording for a friend of mine and make a video of it. It was sort of a last minute operation, so I basically just ended up getting a wide shot with my GH3 and filmed some side angles with my phone but the phone recording didn't work for reasons I still don't understand.

So, I've got a wide shot of the band (6 people, so it's pretty wide) recording a bluegrass/country song that was written about one of the ladies in the band. I also have about a dozen photos of the lady from childhood that my friend would like in the video. The audio was recorded and mixed professionally, so that's good to go.

Is there any way I can make this at all compelling with the material I have?

Since recording the video, my friend has been diagnosed with cancer and has started treatment. I'd really like to get this done and do a good job to lift his spirits.

Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.

Return to posts index

grinner hester
Re: Wide shot of a song recording and a few pictures - how can I make a compelling video?
on Apr 23, 2016 at 12:29:00 am

sure man. use the wide, scale it in when you need to and utilize the heck out of those stills.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]