grinner hester
Street Freaks
on Apr 4, 2016 at 11:51:29 pm

I shoot everything with just one camera and make the show in post:

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Street Freaks
on Apr 5, 2016 at 5:04:20 pm

Welcome back, Grinner! Been a while, obviously, you've been working. Pretty incredible opening shot there!

While I'm nowhere near into car culture as you are (my thing is more the design aspects versus going fast), I can see why you're into it, from the glimpses you give.

You face a lot of lighting and sound challenges, shooting where and as you do. Do you do anything special to isolate your mics? or in the post-production audio processing?

Return to posts index

grinner hester
Re: Street Freaks
on Apr 6, 2016 at 1:49:03 pm

Never would I light these dudes or slow myself down with external mic. It's just dangerous. So I shoot EVERYTHING in auto preset and create what I want in post. I use only the camera mic when shooting motorsports and don't so much as drag my sticks out of the closet.
I do not normalize or use compressors with audio. I manually change levels as needed and once married with music and sound effects and stingers, it becomes seamless. I do a lot of color grading in post and often I stabilize shots in post as I shoot everything hand held, usually quite high on adrenaline.
Watch for Street Freaks on Velocity! :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]