Mad Max

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oliver Peters
Mad Max
on Mar 1, 2016 at 12:45:49 pm

Nice soundbites from the Mad Max team from a StudioDaily article:

Editor Margaret Sixel, Mad Max: Fury Road

I think there is some prejudice that women can't cut action, but I'm hoping that will change with the Star Wars girls and me. I think it will change. I think it's already changing, don't you? That's my personal feeling. And you just watch. In the next 10 years, I think the balance will come back in our favor, hopefully.

Supervising Sound Editor Mark Mangini, Mad Max: Fury Road

Because of the way this film was shot — there's high-speed cameras and there's wind machines and there's sand — virtually none of the sound that was recorded during production was very usable, so everything that you hear in Mad Max was something that [sound designer] David [White] and I and our team created. I mean, down to the smallest footsteps down to the biggest explosion …. I feel like that is a pretty stunning accomplishment.

Sound Re-Recording Mixer Chris Jenkins, Mad Max: Fury Road

Even late in the game, there were questions whether the movie was too strange or too off-putting to audiences …. There was a lot of talk about, should we take some of the things out of it that we really loved, which were kind of legacy Mad Max things? And those are the — you know, that's what made it individual. That's what it made it stand out. And to George's credit, I think this made a lot of filmmakers, ourselves included, take bigger risks, because not only do people recognize that George at 71 years old spent 10 years making this astonishingly crafted movie, but he made all of us rise up to it and do our best work, and he allowed us to do it, and it doesn't always happen …. It was really great, but for a long time, it wasn't a successful movie, and it found its place, and it's found its heart and its soul, and it found its audience and critics.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]