FORUMS: list search recent posts

Choosing software - indie filmmaking

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jakub Frišo
Choosing software - indie filmmaking
on Feb 19, 2016 at 10:56:34 am

Hello guys, I need help in choosing the best software for indie filmmaking, commercials, videoclips, promo videos. I am currently using Adobe programms for the whole editing workflow (Premiere, After Effects, Audition, Speedgrade)
using their DynamicLink. I was thinking if Davinci Resolve is not better for this type of production or editing in Premiere and colorgrading in Resolve is an option too. Can you give me your opinion on this topic please? It would help very much.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Choosing software - indie filmmaking
on Feb 22, 2016 at 10:06:43 pm

The best software is the one you're most comfortable with: the one that works the way you like to work, that is intuitive to you. Mastery comes from spending lots and lots of time with the software, whatever it is. If you pick software you like and enjoy, you will not mind spending the time to get really good at it, and once you're good with a particular software, you will be skilled enough to work around any areas where it lacks a certain feature.

The free version of Resolve doesn't have ALL the DaVinci coloring features. OTOH, it's free, so, it doesn't hurt to try it. The Chinese have a saying: "The view from the top of the mountain is the same, no matter which paths you take to get there."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]