FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video Editing Setup on a Budget?

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jake Russ
Video Editing Setup on a Budget?
on Sep 23, 2015 at 2:40:12 pm

Hey, so I'm a high school student who is very interested in video editing. I do work at my local tv station, and have done editing for several short films.

I'm needing to upgrade some of my equipment soon, with some of the following things:
A new mouse (preferably something that I can use for a long period of time comfortably) not too expensive,
New speakers ( I'd like something that sounds really good for video editing, but again can't be too expensive,)
And maybe a new keyboard as well. I'm using the Apple Wired Keyboard because I like having the number pad, but if anyone has a specific keyboard that they would like to recommend it's greatly appreciated. I'm using a Windows machine, and I don't like that some of the shortcuts on the Apple keyboard don't work with Windows.
Is there a way to get all of this for less than 100$? If anyone can give me some suggestions that would be awesome.

Thanks so much,
Jake

Return to posts index

Scott Cumbo
Re: Video Editing Setup on a Budget?
on Sep 26, 2015 at 7:48:39 pm

Hey Jake
Mouse is on you , whatever you feel comfortable with. I personally like a simple mouse, wired is fine with a more classic feel. But again, it's on you.

Keyboard- I would suggest a keyboard with keys of whatever Editing program you're using. Will help you learn
The keyboard shortcuts quicker ( learn to use the keyboard, you will work faster)

Speakers, I think on your budget anything you get will be all about the same level.

The best advice I can give you is that equipment will not always make your work better. Practice will. Learn to use what you have in the most efficient way and cut As many projects as you can. Experience will help you more than spending thousands of dollars.

Scott Cumbo
Lead Editor
Bellator MMA/Spike TV

Return to posts index

Kannan Raghavan
Re: Video Editing Setup on a Budget?
on Oct 22, 2015 at 3:35:46 am

I use a Logitech mouse with extra buttons to which I've assigned frequently used shortcuts. This is a wired mouse. I always liked wired ones, you don't have to worry about the battery running out.
You can get logic pro keyboard skins that you can put on top of your keyboard. These are available for a lot of the popular editing softwares.

Kannan Raghavan
The Big Toad Films Pte. Ltd.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]