FORUMS: list search recent posts

Good dance music Royalty free music suggestions please....

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Mullins
Good dance music Royalty free music suggestions please....
on Mar 25, 2015 at 5:21:50 pm

Need to find some decent music for a 3min Nightclub / Cocktail Bar promo video- music has to be non elevator musak 'i pressed auto on a yamaha wav tracks' stylee sort of cheesey thing!

YouTube audio library is a possibility, but are there any others?

Music track - upbeat dance with some rock music undertones.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Good dance music Royalty free music suggestions please....
on Mar 25, 2015 at 6:18:38 pm

try sounddogs.com

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Apr 5, 2015 at 9:22:00 am

I've been using Premium Beat a good bit lately. - like most places, their cuts have 2-3 min mixes plus cut down spot lengths. Shockwave Sound is good too. There are a LOT of buyout music places these days.
Just make sure the place you use has the lengths you need and read the license details carefully. It's possible to find something the client LOVES, only to realize after the fact that it's rights managed, not buyout - and the costs are not in the ballpark you're expecting.

Good luck.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

laura meoli
on Sep 21, 2016 at 3:41:07 pm

I was using Istockphoto to find music for many years (about $30-60 per song) but recently they were purchased by Getty, and now the price went up to an unaffordable rate.
After researching all the different audio places out there I found AudioBlocks, which has 1 year UNLIMITED downloads for $99. Here's a link to that coupon: http://audioblocks.refr.cc/JF2LSW6

I purchased this and been using it for my client projects for over a month (needed stock music and sound effects). They have a pretty good selection and you really can't beat the price.

In regards to licenses and contracts, definitely READ them. As someone who had to read all the contracts and license agreements for the different audio/music sites (as a rep for my day job production company), a lot of them charge you or limit you to a certain amount of "views" or even charge per year that you are using the song. If you're doing online videos, this is a very outdated and inconvenient policy- because as we all know Youtube videos are up forever, and no telling how many people will view it.
From my experience, AudioBlocks seems like the best deal. You just pay for the subscription and then you get unlimited use of the music, that's it.

Return to posts index

Daniel Caine
on Oct 18, 2016 at 4:22:02 pm

you can check this site.... http://www.epidemicsound.com/?_us=adwords&_usx=brand&gclid=CKnj3Lbh5M8CFakK...

Return to posts index

Stacy Lincoln
on Apr 7, 2015 at 10:55:36 pm

Try Revostock and Pond5 too!

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jan 11, 2017 at 2:24:18 pm

To back Revostock got sued by a Patton troll and had to shot down. I like audio jungle.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Cody Walters
on Jan 19, 2017 at 8:08:39 pm

Premium Beat
Pond5
Audio Jungle
Music Bed
Song Freedom

...those are my go-to sites.

Cody Walters
Director of Photography, Producer
https://www.linkedin.com/in/codywalters/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>