FORUMS: list search recent posts

Super quick question, been bugging me for YEARS!

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lee Malone
Super quick question, been bugging me for YEARS!
on Jan 28, 2015 at 3:36:36 pm

Hi there, real quick question that hopefully any pro Editor can answer!

I edit a lot of montages and video packages, and I wanted to know what you would call the loud crashing noises used in trailers are?

3 examples are all on the hits at 2:33, 2:37, 2:40.

Can anybody either point me to where these are or at the very least, what they’re called so I can go hunt for them myself? I’ve no problem putting in the leg work and finding them but I don’t even know what to call them and “sound effect” just gives me ducks quacking and door bells etc.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Super quick question, been bugging me for YEARS!
on Jan 28, 2015 at 4:43:38 pm

Those sound like pounding a plastic/ steel barrel or drum with a mallet. In most SFX databases, I'd look for something like Hits or impacts as a start.

Return to posts index

Kannan Raghavan
on Feb 4, 2015 at 3:02:26 am

+1 to what Mark said. Most SFX libraries or even the built in SFX in FCX would have this FX.

Kannan Raghavan
The Big Toad Films Pte. Ltd.

Return to posts index

Mike Sinder
on Feb 16, 2015 at 12:25:05 am

Terminology changes from house to house. We call them 'hits' and if you can't find the effect in a sound library just record the sound of hitting an empty 5-gallon plastic water cooler jug. :)

Return to posts index

Misha Tenenbaum
on Feb 24, 2015 at 1:48:35 am

I believe what you're looking for are effects by Robert Etoll http://www.robertetoll.com/albums. I've used tons of them on the productions I've been on. Until this post I only know of them as "etoll." The package is expensive but you'll use it on every project you do. Sample file attached.

Founder
Misha@EditStock.com
http://www.EditStock.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]