FORUMS: list search recent posts

good London based editing courses

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eve Ramsden
good London based editing courses
on Aug 22, 2014 at 7:44:10 am

Hi All,

Has anyone been on an editing course- either full time or part time (part time preferable), and can tell me about their experience of it?

I'm really looking for a full immersion in the technical side of editing, including an introduction to a diverse range of industry standard software, standard workflows, with a strong emphasis on editing as opposed grading/VFX, but with some exposure to these aspects too. I have been editing for over a year, and have a good level of creative editing, but feel I need to improve my technical knowledge and experience.

My aim is to improve my technical ability as an editor, and to give myself more marketable skills which would be useful in a feature film editing room, perhaps as an editorial trainee or edit assistant.

Many thanks

09PSR

Return to posts index

grinner hester
Re: good London based editing courses
on Aug 25, 2014 at 4:24:48 pm

really today, I think Lynda.com along with proper internships is your best hands-on alternative. Free too.

The more you an do in real world scenarios and not classrooms the better. PLus, often in school they often give you rules... telling you what NOT to do when those very things could be what set you apart from others later. Go ahead and learn the rules though. It's the best way to break them.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]