FORUMS: list search recent posts

Editing competitions?

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cole Reynolds
Editing competitions?
on May 14, 2014 at 12:41:09 am

Are there any editing competitions out there that I can/should look into? I was thinking in the same vein as the exposure competition, where you're given a bunch of raw footage and the best edit wins. Are there any currently? also free/low entry fees would be fantastic. Thank you!

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Editing competitions?
on May 14, 2014 at 3:24:27 pm

Can't help with contests, but making your own pieces and putting them up on youtube or vimeo is certainly low-cost. Look at the number of hits the re-cut "Shining" "Must Love jaws", and "West Side Story horror re-edit" get; that's probably more views than most paid-entry competitions generate.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on May 16, 2014 at 12:47:14 am

I've never heard of such a thing...although I've wanted to do one ever since I was in college...25 years ago. because in editing class we'd all have the same footage from the same scene and needed to cut it. Great seeing how they all turned out.

Actually, my idea is to give a script to different filmmaking teams and see how they each do it differently. Not a cheap experiment...

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Richard Herd
on Jun 3, 2014 at 6:43:06 pm

[Shane Ross] "Actually, my idea is to give a script to different filmmaking teams and see how they each do it differently. Not a cheap experiment...
"

I would watch that show.

Return to posts index

Andrew Rendell
on May 16, 2014 at 1:15:39 pm

A couple of years ago I did a "48 hour" film making challenge with a friend, we were told a title, a line that had to be included in the script and a prop which had to appear (it was "a bottle of red liquid" in the one we did IIRC) on a friday afternoon and had to post a short film (roughly 5 minutes) by 10am on monday morning. It was fun and a great way to really concentrate the mind on making creative decisions quickly, I'd recommend it (as long as the entry fee isn't expensive).

Return to posts index

Karen Cerino
on May 20, 2014 at 9:53:46 pm

I saw a contest like this on editstock.com, a few moths ago. Their main page has a free sample scene.
In their articles section, the top post has 5 different versions of the same footage cut by different editors, that was talked about in a recent webcast.

Return to posts index

Rebecca Sales
on Jun 14, 2014 at 5:47:52 am

That is a good idea.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]